Can a person outgrow Alcoholics Anonymous
Demand from alcoholics anonymous increases
In times of the pandemic, Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) have also moved some of their meetings to the Internet. This lowers the inhibition threshold to participate, as a spokesman for the nationwide self-help group says. Although there are no concrete figures because there are no lists of members, there is a noticeable increase in numbers.
Online meetings during the pandemic
In particular, more young people take part in the online meetings. Nationwide there are currently at least 260 groups of Alcoholics Anonymous who meet via video switching. Some more can - depending on the regional Corona regulations - meet in person.
Before the pandemic, there were around 1,800 Alcoholics Anonymous groups and an estimated 20,000 affected people who took advantage of the offers. The online meetings have a major disadvantage, says the spokesman. “A meeting like this doesn't really replace a face-to-face meeting. That is clear. ”That is why more face-to-face events are to be offered again after the pandemic.
"We have become much more accessible"
However, he also sees two positive effects: “We have become much more accessible.” Interested parties could virtually take part in a meeting from anywhere in any city at different times. This makes it easier for people in rural areas who have poor transport connections or those with walking difficulties to visit Alcoholics Anonymous.
Especially among Alcoholics Anonymous there are people who don't have a driver's license or a car, says the spokesman. You could now participate from your computer or mobile phone. The second advantage of the video meeting is the low-threshold entry. “I don't have to get up and go wherever and show myself face to face.” In addition, you can leave an online meeting quickly. "I can click inside and when I have the feeling that I can't take it anymore, I press the button."
The number of alcoholics anonymous is increasing again
The fact that people participate in video switching and not show their face is not welcome, says the spokesman, who himself claims to have been dry for 40 years. Then there could easily be abuse, people could watch the meetings and do mischief. Those affected, who may be emotionally stressed, would be disturbed by it.
Basically, the number of participants has tended to decline in recent years. "I have the impression that we are growing now." The spokesman does not think that people in the pandemic are drinking significantly more. “People drink with and without Corona.” Now the pub and the pizzeria are closed and people are buying alcohol in the supermarket.
Working in the home office can have advantages and disadvantages for drinkers. In some companies it is common for employees to “open a bottle at 9 o'clock”. The wife, for example, only sees what the husband drinks at home in the evening. "In the home office, the woman is now practically behind him and he can no longer drink." There is no corrective.
- What is the name of a wooden xylophone
- What problems do minority unemployment cause
- How does Russia support the DPRK
- How to go beyond the learning plateau
- Why do people hate Felicity Smoak
- What is 4 4 + 4
- How does Acxiom Corporation get your information
- Which option is better IIM OR UPSC
- Can I crack IES electrics without coaching?
- What is a series of lies
- Which big pharmacy has the cheapest prescriptions?
- How many SeaWorlds are left
- Will Google ever go out of business?
- Inactivity causes cardiovascular diseases
- Morocco is the best country
- Are old Bibles worth money?
- Why is it important to speak multiple languages
- Why does the KKK support Hillary Clinton
- What should happen to the DCEU
- What temperature are the stars
- Why is electricity bad to use
- Is Trump the ultimate gas lighter
- What is gaff in Scottish slang
- Do narcissists respect their child molesters
- When does Cupid's arrow strike?
- What do Koreans think of Pakistanis
- Why isn't amazon jet com copying
- What did Napoleon think of India?
- What are the best tires for SUVs
- Why do cats always like themselves
- What is an alkali
- Are car speedometers accurate
- SAT subjects are testing MCQs