Should I take A-level math
Boarding school in England: if you already know what you want, do the English A-levels
The A-levels in England are comparable to the advanced courses in our upper level. As a rule, one takes four subjects in the year before last and only three subjects in the last year.
Why so few? The English system wants to develop strengths, not to labor on deficits. And you rarely have strengths in twelve subjects. A boarding school in England is therefore very accommodating to students who are particularly talented in one area. And the same applies to those who know at an early stage which profession or which degree they will one day embark on.
Example of medical studies:
For example, if you already know exactly at the age of 16 that you want to study medicine, the A-levels can be an excellent preparation for your studies. You then take biology, chemistry and math.
In the second A-level year, the courses are already at university level. And the big hurdle for most medical students, namely biochemistry, you have already done at school. What hardly anyone in Germany knows, the A-levels are recognized as access authorization for medical studies here in Germany as well.
Focus on strengths
And the A-levels also offer a fair chance to those who want to finally say goodbye to subjects that are not theirs at all while they are still at school. If a passionate scientist has concentrated on the A-levels in boarding school in England, then he no longer has to grapple with poetry interpretations. And those who love literature are no longer treated with higher mathematics or physical formulas. The educational background is simple: focus on your strengths.
Recognition at German universities is given
What German students have to consider: the A-levels are recognized in Germany as so-called subject-related higher education entrance qualifications (not to be confused with the technical college entrance qualification). This means that it is possible to study at a German university. You only have one restriction in your choice of subjects, depending on which A-level subjects you took at boarding school in England.
Because this is an unusual path for us Germans and our school tradition, many parents have great doubts when they want to go to A-levels. But they can be very useful in certain cases. In other cases they are forbidden.
We will advise you on this
- which subjects your child can take in the A-levels,
- what you have to consider in order to be able to study your desired subject in Germany,
- or whether the Abitur or the IB is not the better alternative.
Just give us a call on 0611-180 58 8o, or send us an email. You can also fill in the short application right away; we will then contact you immediately.
- Which encourages retailers to offer military discounts
- Do you like the Sennheiser GSP 370
- Controlled by major American media
- What is the smallest prime number 1
- Survive tardigrades on Mars
- Do you like bottled water
- Canadian medicine is accepted in the US
- What do radical libertarians think of divorce?
- How secular is Senegal
- How's oil out of the ground
- What is an updraft scheme in CFD
- Is it good for MSc after btech
- What if our brain power suddenly doubled?
- What are the best location-based apps
- Why is Melisandre killing Renly Baratheon
- Which phrase used to be more correct
- How would you define economic performance
- Why do the UAE import mangoes
- Which email validation services accept PayPal
- Why does vitamin B12 make you happy?
- What is the value of cos 390
- How to cure chilblains at home
- Why is there sodium in Aquafina water?
- What does fur burger mean