How does Google GCM work
GCM - Google Cloud Messaging will be disabled
Google announces the deactivation of the Google Cloud Messaging service. Read the most important facts about this in our new blog article!
2 minutes to read
According to Google's latest announcements, will Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) disabled on April 11 of next year. The mega-corporation overtook its in-house service with the Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM) system. The mobile notification service will therefore shut down the service after the release in 2012 and seven years of use.
Reasons for the GCM deactivation
Google says they have made significant improvements and make things easier with the Firebase system for the developer. At Google I / O 2016 Firebase cloud messaging (FCM) and has been compared to Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) considered more useful. The most important difference between the two messaging services is that with FCM the connection with others Firebase services such as Analytics or Realtime Database is possible.
Deactivating the system means for users of the GCM a switch to FCM by April 2019 - instructions for implementing this change are available for both Android and iOS. With the step-by-step guide, Google wants to offer its customers the Progress of the system bring them closer and of course facilitate the implementation. In addition, frequently asked questions on this topic are answered in Google's FAQs.
If you have any further questions about App development or the Switch to Firebase Cloud Messaging, you can contact us. Our specialists are happy to help!
Latest articlesTo the blog
- What is tautological error
- How was Akshay Kumar's bottle cap challenge
- Has anyone used Colabo for lead generation?
- How to say lawyer in Spanish
- Paracetamol can terminate a week of pregnancy
- What is 50 divided by 1 3
- How does deep web shopping work
- How can I activate illustrator cc 2015
- Where is the furthest way you've ever ridden
- Video editing and production is difficult
- Why are military officers politicians
- What is latent heat in simple language
- Can kill turmeric melanoma cells
- What is the most complex game
- What is 12 3 5
- Are smart plugs hackable?
- INTJs still get lonely
- How does air become a conductor
- The Coeur D Alene were Indian fishermen
- What are the Neolithic languages
- What are the philosophical alternatives to solipsism
- What Are Some Interesting Experiences Like Why
- What is a fake EMF
- Could a boa constrictor crush an armadillo?