How was history studied in your school?
If you would like to teach at a general high school or with general subjects at a vocational school in the future, you should first study at one of the state universities.
Course structure Study locations:all nine state universities in Baden-Württemberg, plus the art and music colleges and the Heidelberg University for Jewish Studies.
Duration of training:10 semesters standard period of study (of which 6 semesters bachelor’s course, 4 semesters master’s course), 12 semesters standard course period (including 8 semesters bachelor’s course, 4 semesters master’s course) in subject connections with music or art; 18 months of preparatory service at a public school after completing the master’s degree.
Internships during your studies:Accompanied orientation internship (3 weeks) in the bachelor’s course, school internship semester (12 weeks) at general high schools and at vocational schools in Baden-Württemberg in a WS of the master’s course.
A comparable other school practice as a foreign language assistant, in a German school abroad or in a preparatory service from another teaching post can be recognized by the university on request as a substitute for a maximum of eight weeks of the school internship semester. The last four weeks of the internship semester must be completed at a high school in Baden-Württemberg.
Subjects and subject combinations:The course comprises two subjects, educational science and practical school studies. Educational sciences include educational science, psychology, and sociology. Subjects and subject didactics (subjects) are:
- Visual arts
- German with German as a second language
- Evangelical theology
- Computer science
- Islamic religious teaching
- Jewish religious teaching
- Catholic theology
- Science and Technology (NwT)
- Philosophy / ethics
- Political science
Note:Please note that the grammar school teacher training course is structured differently at each university. Therefore, please inform yourself at the respective university.
Who will help me with questions?
- Further details can be found in the information sheet "Career goal teacher - teaching post at grammar schools" from the Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sport.
- The Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sport provides information on employment opportunities for the public school service in Baden-Württemberg.
- You can find out which subject combinations are offered at the respective universities and how well this combination can be studied directly from the universities (e.g. Central Student Advisory Service).
- What started the BDS movement
- Who sings the song In The AFTERNOON
- How was the red velvet cake invented
- What are some humorous baby shower games
- How important are super delegates to presidential candidates
- How does a filmmaker affect society?
- How do I find undervalued preferred stocks
- Are you ready for soccer 3
- What does improvisation mean musically
- Why did Apple remove the USB port
- Why should I learn Go in 2019
- Could an Orthodox Jew be an astronaut?
- Poetry comes from the heart
- Astrology is the decree of God
- What is a pork rib made of?
- What if I can't get romantic
- Can a baby have distilled water
- How can I keep two women
- What are early memories
- How can I promote YouTube videos
- What was the root cause of AIDS
- As you pluck your unibrows, it gets thicker
- Has Habib Fanny ever shot a gun
- What is the inheritance of advanced C.