Is zinc important for training
Zinc - ingestion, dosage, effects, dangers
Zinc (Zn) is one of the 24 micronutrients that are essential for survival. Zinc plays an important role in over 200 enzyme reactions.1Lukaski HC. Magnesium, zinc, and chromium nutriture and physical activity. At J Clin Nutr. 2000 Aug; 72 (2 Suppl): 585S-93S. Review. PubMed PMID: 10919964.
What are the benefits of zinc supplementation?
- Testosterone booster if there is a zinc deficiency.
- Important for the optimal function of the Enzyme, hormone and immune systems.
- For example for the zinc-containing enzyme superoxide dismutase. Protects against free radical damage.2Vallee BL, Falchuk KH. The biochemical basis of zinc physiology. Physiol Rev. 1993 Jan; 73 (1): 79-118. Review. PubMed PMID: 8419966.
Do you need zinc
Zinc is excreted to a greater extent when sweating and is absorbed through diet.
- Hence can Athletes a potential zinc deficiency provided they do not get a lot of zinc through their diet.
- Also Vegetarians and vegans often do not consume enough zinc through their diet.
Are you zinc deficient?
Only severe zinc deficiencies can be detected indirectly via a blood test.
Mild zinc deficiencies (as they are typical) are difficult to detect.
Zinc taste test?
With the zinc taste test, you should apparently find out whether there is a zinc deficiency.
Here's how it works: Dissolve some zinc sulfate in water. Drink the solution. If it doesn't taste like anything, that speaks for a zinc deficiency. If the solution tastes inedible, you are probably well taken care of.
How accurate and reliable this test is is very controversial.3Gruner T, Arthur R. The accuracy of the Zinc Taste Test method. J Altern Complement Med. 2012 Jun; 18 (6): 541-50. doi: 10.1089 / acm.2011.0298. Review. PubMed PMID: 22784341. Use the result as a guide, not as a sure result.
What to do?
Since mild zinc deficiency is hard to detect, just keep an eye on whether you have
a) belong to the risk group, and
b) how much zinc you get through your diet.
Diet is more important than physical training.4Lukaski HC. Magnesium, zinc, and chromium nutriture and physical activity. At J Clin Nutr. 2000 Aug; 72 (2 Suppl): 585S-93S. Review. PubMed PMID: 10919964.
Which foods contain a lot of zinc?
- Meat (100g beef: 5mg)
- Fish / seafood (100g oysters: 20mg)
- Eggs (1 egg: 0.6mg)
- Legumes (100g kidney beans [canned, drained]: 1.3mg)
Do you often have these foods on the table? Then you will probably get some zinc from your normal diet.
Zinc: intake and recommended intake
Daily intake recommendation DGE:5Link: DGE reference values zinc
- Men 10 mg / day
- Women 7 mg / day
- Pregnant women (from the 4th month) and breastfeeding women: 10-11 mg / day
Zinc Supplementation Dosage
How much do you take?
- 5-15mg / day to cover the zinc requirement through the diet if there are problems.
The maximum tolerable upper limit (TUL) is 35-40mg / day for both sexes. In any case, do not take more than this amount! Too much zinc can lower the “good” HDL cholesterol and hinder the absorption of copper.6Fischer PW, Giroux A, L’Abbé MR. Effect of zinc supplementation on copper status in adult man. At J Clin Nutr. 1984 Oct; 40 (4): 743-6. PubMed PMID: 6486080.7Hooper PL, Visconti L, Garry PJ, Johnson GE. Zinc lowers high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels. JAMA. 1980 Oct 24-31; 244 (17): 1960-1. PubMed PMID: 7420708.
Take together with calcium, magnesium, iron?
Zinc used same van like calcium, magnesium and iron. It is best not to take these nutrients together (especially iron), but separate them for several hours. For example in the morning and in the evening.
Unless there is no other option, do not take more than a total of 800mg of zinc, magnesium, and calcium at once.
FE recommendation to buy zinc
FE purchase recommendations for zinc
- Zinc from Myprotein - 15 mg elemental zinc per tablet.Save 8% with the discount code: FEXPERTS.
"Why buy there of all places?"
As a rule, you can hardly get the supplements cheaper. We only recommend what we buy there ourselves.
Transparency:With the purchase you support FE directly, without additional costs for you.
Other helpful articles:
- Investments necessarily increase with public spending
- What is DOM in js or other
- How's the night life in Derry, NH
- What is Asafoetida powder used for?
- What is the Roblox slogan
- Yelp is an e-commerce company
- Can I check my Friendster account?
- How can I use dictionaries
- Why do people like to play bingo
- Where are Quora users from
- What is filmography
- What motivates data scientists to work
- You are enthusiastic about the chaos in the world
- Where should I buy gifts for children
- Are genie ghosts
- What is a 2L pet blowing machine
- Why are cats afraid of bottled water?
- Which USB stick should I never buy?
- What is a Good Equifax Credit Score
- Is quantum physics involved in cosmological studies
- What are quantum energies
- How do you explain WebAuthn
- Why doesn't T Mobile have 5G
- Is there work for a history focus
- What is P even number
- What does a school PTO stand for?
- What is feminism and its origin
- What's the best Shopify template
- ISBN numbers expire
- When is deer hunting season in Texas
- How good is Mexico's health system
- How much does 1 MW of solar energy cost
- How does freezing and thawing occur
- Which is the country with the highest robot utilization