Are there school shootings in Mexico?
Private school in Mexico : Eleven-year-old shoots the teacher and himself
In Mexico, an eleven-year-old student shot his teacher and then killed herself. The incident occurred in a private school in the northern state of Coahuila, said Governor Miguel Ángel Riquelme on Friday. In addition, the child injured five schoolmates and another teacher.
The bloody act occurred shortly after the start of classes in the elementary school in the city of Torréon. The eleven-year-old first asked his teacher to be allowed to go to the toilet, said Riquelme. After the boy had still not returned a quarter of an hour later, the teacher looked for him. He then came out of the toilet rooms with two firearms and opened fire.
Video games could have affected the child
According to Riquelme, the boy shot the 50-year-old teacher and injured five students and one other teacher who were just passing by. They were taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. The child then turned the gun on himself and committed suicide. The exact background of the act initially remained open.
According to Riquelme, the eleven-year-old had not previously had behavioral problems. But on Friday morning he said to his classmates that "today the day has come". He also told of a first-person shooter video game called "Natural Selection". In the toilet, the eleven-year-old put on a T-shirt with the words "Natural Selection" on it.
A T-shirt with this inscription was also worn by one of two shooters at Columbine High School, where twelve classmates and a teacher were shot in 1999. Against this background, the public prosecutor assumes that there was a "certain influence of video games" on the child. A connection with the shooting in Columbine is also being examined.
Unlike in the US, rampages in Mexican schools are rare. In 2017, a 15-year-old injured five classmates at a high school in the northern Mexican city of Monterrey. In 2014, a 15-year-old shot a classmate in the center of the country. (AFP)
- Did you have a childhood hero?
- How acidic indicators work
- Who can get non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
- What is the biggest Mexican holiday
- Why is romantic love over glorified
- Why is francium a radioactive element
- Why aren't laws literally word for word?
- What is a fast, affordable laptop
- Is it worth switching to renewable energies
- How powerful is Superman in the DCEU
- How do I find these books
- What are debilitating sanctions
- What does Qyamat
- What makes empires collapse
- Do the latest AI technologies really work?
- What is aesthetic maintenance
- Creates bubbles in pure water
- When you are angry, you are productive
- How is guardianship different from adoption?
- What is the importance of an anemometer
- Where to learn Ruby language
- What is DSSS in digital communication
- Is scalping tickets morally correct
- How to solve equations in math