What does communication plan
How do I keep track of the individual online marketing measures I want to use to market my product in a niche? A communication plan can be used very well for this. It serves as a guide to provide an overview and structure for the individual planned marketing measures, and is important for the implementation of any complex marketing project - an essential part of the marketing strategy.
The online communication plan cannot be generalized for all companies, but today we can give you some helpful tips on how you can address your customers even more effectively in the future.
In the first step, it is important to take a look at your own company and analyze which products or services you actually offer compared to your competitors. By and large, you should do a small market analysis of your products and services. You have to assess both the strengths and the weaknesses of your company. In addition, there is also the analysis of the current marketing measures and what trends the current market is producing. This requires a high degree of self-reflection and research.
Step 2: target group analysis
In the next step, you should make it clear which target group you want to reach with your communication measures. Is it about end customers, potential acquisition partners, maybe foundations or public bodies? Take a close look at all segments and think about how you would like to address the individual target groups. Ask yourself: What would a typical customer look like and what are their requirements and wishes? What might he not like at all? Which socio-demographic data should be taken into account (e.g. age, gender, region, income) and which communication channels do they prefer to use? There is no point in creating a Facebook page if the target group rarely uses this medium.
Step 3: positioning
Now you should position your company in such a way that the unique selling point of your company or offer is highlighted. It has to be actively communicated.
Questions could be here:
- What makes my product or service unique or what added value does it have for the end customer?
- Why should the customer come to me?
- Which topics can I use to best reach them and raise their awareness of buying our product?
Step 4: definition of goals
In the fourth step, the goals should be defined, where the journey should go. What do you want to achieve with your communication measures?
- Win customers (e.g. via influencer marketing via Instagram)
- Retaining existing customers (e.g. through regular newsletters)
- Improve customer service (e.g. through a forum that has to be updated regularly)
- Improve product understanding (e.g. with videos)
- Position yourself as an expert or thought leader in special areas (e.g. through a blog)
But these are only very rough ideas and concepts. It is important to have a precise formulation of goals in mind and to make them measurable. Then at the end of the evaluation you can also see whether you have achieved the goals. Targets become measurable when you define a period or figures, for example: You want to increase sales of your product within 6 months with the help of the marketing measures you have selected. For this, your budget and your resources must be precisely validated and taken into account.
Step 5: action planning
Step 5 concerns your action planning. The main thing here is the selection of topics and channels so that you can reach the desired target group and your measures are visible to potential customers. A detailed channel matrix with all relevant social media and communication channels that can be used for the measures is helpful here. In principle, you should not forget that your website is your "figurehead" and that both the visual and the content must not be neglected, as well as the individual planning of the marketing measures. Important content that is to be distributed on the Internet is initially posted here and “shared” via social media and other channels. Among other things, this has the advantage that these topics can be found on the websites - also via search engines - and remain independent of the requirements of the major platforms such as Facebook. Depending on the channel, it makes sense to spread this content in bits and pieces. For example, a communication plan could look like this:
Set fixed dates for the posts on social media and stick to the timelines. Planning is the be-all and end-all. The communication plan should therefore always be updated and planned for the future in good time.
Finally, the measures taken from the communication plan should also be measured according to their success. It should be analyzed to what extent your communication measures were well or badly received by the end customer and how the reactions were to posts, for example in your social networks. It is important that these evaluations do not necessarily say anything about your increase in sales. But they can give an indication of whether the planned and implemented communication measures will be accepted by the customers.
In addition to a simple Excel spreadsheet, these free tools can also be helpful:
Event tip: The customer's journey
If you would like to find out more about what your potential customers are doing on the Internet, come to one or more parts of our three-part seminar series "The Customer's Journey". The first part on the subject of inspiration will take place on Wednesday, February 26th at the Wiesbaden Chamber of Commerce. Click here for registration.
- What makes a person hate disabled children
- Which country has the worst leader?
- Which city is better London or Oxford
- Can we write assembly language in Chinese
- How do I get 5000 credits instantly
- What percentage of cancers are lifestyle-related?
- What is the use of software 1
- Who is the tallest Pakistani in history
- Can space get into our atmosphere
- What do bulls mean in the Bible?
- How is the Dell XPS 15
- Why is bamboo a grass
- What's so special about Finland
- What is the Italian Bella Figura
- Has IISER students from the north
- EJB Java still has an application area
- How do animals get food
- What's new in IT
- What are some great dinner party tricks
- You Can Be Hyperactive Without Having ADHD
- Where can I see One Piece 1
- Can detect Windows Defender Keylogger
- What is the Hindi word of engine
- What are the UFC requirements
- Are white girls vagina tight
- How do they make McDonalds folded eggs
- How were the Americans changed by the European colonization
- Can you share reviews of Karunya University
- How can I learn to write correctly
- Which university offers a Masters in Physiotherapy?
- Why body pain after exercise
- Where do I download the MEAN stack