Is endometriosis inherited
Surgery for endometriosis
Endometriosis surgery is a therapy option if the endometriosis is very severe and the disease threatens infertility. During the operation, surgeons try to remove all endometrial foci with a scalpel, electricity (electrically heated probe) or laser (heat from the laser beams). The endometriosis operation is done as part of a laparoscopy. This endoscopic method is part of what is known as “keyhole surgery”, in which only small incisions are necessary. This makes the operation very gentle.
In severe cases, such as adhesions or large foci of endometriosis, open endometriosis surgery via an abdominal incision is necessary. Women who do not want to have children and who have severe symptoms can decide to have not only the endometrial foci removed, but also parts of the ovaries and fallopian tubes or the entire uterus.
After the operation, women sometimes receive hormones for a few months in order to calm down any remaining foci and to ensure the success of the treatment.
The chances of success of the operation are high: Many women with an unfulfilled desire to have children become pregnant after endometriosis treatment. In the long term, however, the disease can return after a while.
Alternative treatments for endometriosis
Many women test “alternative” or “complementary” healing methods for their period pain. However, they are not a substitute for conventional medical treatments, the effectiveness of which has been scientifically proven in studies, but always only a supplement. Important to know: The statutory health insurance companies do not cover the costs for most of the following therapies because there is no evidence of their effectiveness. Still, some of them may be worth trying.
- Herbal medicines
- Home remedies: warmth (e.g. hot water bottle, heat pack, warm bath); It is known that warmth relaxes, calms and relieves cramps; an endometriosis tea supplies the warmth from within and relieves the pain
- Some try homeopathy or acupuncture for endometriosis
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS): Weak electrical surges are intended to influence the sensation of pain and to dampen the pain
- Relaxation techniques such as autogenic training or progressive muscle relaxation according to Jacobson
- Yoga, tai chi, qigong
- Psychological coping with pain
- Lifestyle: With endometriosis, a healthy diet (e.g. many vitamins and minerals from fresh fruits and vegetables), exercise (preferably endurance sports) and stress management help
- Support groups and endometriosis forum: Talk to other people who are suffering like you. Exchange ideas, because sometimes other women have tips on how to better cope with the disease.
Endometriosis and the desire to have children
Many young women with endometriosis have a desire to have children. If the dislocated uterine lining affects the function of the ovaries and fallopian tubes, pregnancy is often very difficult. Let the doctor treating you know that you would like to become pregnant - this is what determines the choice of the right endometriosis therapy. Hormone treatments of any kind (e.g. hormonal contraceptives, progestins) are of course not an option if you are planning to have children. You can take pain medication against it. Surgery may make you more likely to get pregnant. Surgeons try to completely remove the endometrial foci and any cysts that may be present. If the endometriosis does not affect the fallopian tubes and ovaries, it is unclear whether fertility is impaired at all - and thus also whether surgery would be helpful in getting pregnant.
Other options for endometriosis and the desire to have children are:
- Medicationwhich promote egg maturation and ovulation or influence the function of the corpus luteum hormone; the herbs stimulate the ovaries.
- Artificial fertilization (In-vitro fertilization, IVF): Doctors take egg cells and fertilize them in a test tube with male sperm cells. They then implant the fertilized egg cells in the uterus. In the case of pronounced endometriosis, the chances of success of artificial insemination are slightly lower than in the case of a mild illness.
- What is MinMaxScaler in Python
- How does WhasApp make money
- Are there galaxies without stars?
- What makes a craft beer craft
- What is the base of money
- What is gravitation and what is a gravitational field
- Bartending is a marketable skill
- How much does 1 MW of solar energy cost
- Why are torrents banned in Germany
- How does a nail gun work
- How are electrons excited
- What is the difference between Unix shells
- Should I switch to medicine as a major?
- What are some good disco songs
- Medles of Honner in the INDIAN ARMY
- Has AML leukemia stages
- What was your biggest OMG moment
- Reproduction should be regulated
- Why do we use head ** in c
- Where is Nara Japan
- What lie is still taught in schools?
- What is a piziometer
- What are the differences between and
- Why is water polar in nature