What does LBTQ
The queer lexicon : What does LGBTI stand for?
LGBTI is the abbreviation for the English words lesbian, gay, bisexual, transexual / transgender and intersexual (German: lesbian, gay, bisexual, transsexual / transgender and intersexual). It came up in the United States in the 1990s. It is now also used in Germany. It should briefly describe people who deviate from the heterosexual norm because of their sexual orientation, their gender identity or their body.
The abbreviation LGBTI has also come under fire
However, the abbreviation LGBTI has also come under fire. Some transsexuals, transgender or intersex people feel that their specific problems are not well represented by homo- and bisexual activists and therefore do not want to be appropriated by the LGB.
Still other people don't want to be pegged to any of the letters in LGBTI. In order to do justice to the ambiguity you want in your sexual and social gender identity, an asterisk is added: LGBT * I *. Or letters are added, such as Q for queer or questioning. But not everyone is satisfied with that either. Because if everyone is soon included out of fear that someone could be excluded from the definition, it is hardly possible to represent political interests, it is argued.
The entire queer lexicon can be found here. We add it in loose order.The Queer ABC appears on Queerspiegel, the Tagesspiegel's blog about LGBTI issues. You can find the queer mirror here. Suggestions for topics and criticism are welcome in the comment area a little further down on this page or by email to: [email protected]
Follow the Queerspiegel on Twitter:
- Who was Rabbi Akiva
- Are we a real democracy
- Why am I drawn to sad songs
- The Samsung A50 has screen mirroring
- Who is a native speaker
- How do I use mail filters
- Which is the best FIITJEE coaching center
- Are philosophers concerned with epistemological change?
- How do we buy an HP printer
- Incestuous relationships cause diseases
- Can restore hair loss of more than 70% for men
- How to choose summer schools
- Lobbying is bad
- Who is the CFO of Square Inc.
- What's wrong with people who have a boyfriend
- What are the most interesting extremophiles
- Why do investors advise against using Zillow
- Is a juice safe quickly
- How does mass hypnosis work
- Perimenopause can trigger depression through hormonal changes
- Is filmmaking a better career option
- How do you avoid becoming an elitist
- Can I remove a tenant's belongings?
- What is DSSS in digital communication