Sugar is a crystal
Recipe: Recipe: Sugar Crystals
Growing crystals takes patience!
Before you start, a note: Growing crystals is a bit of a challenge and unfortunately not always successful. This is all the more true for larger crystals. So don't choose the bowls too big. And it's best to set up three vessels with sugar solution at the same time, then a beautiful crystal will be created. Very important: be patient. Crystals take a long time to grow!
for three crystals
- 3 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- Food coloring
- Aluminum foil
- Saucepan and spoon
- 3 small bowls
for the cases
- 400g white chocolate
- 6 teaspoons of cocoa powder
- Glass and spoon
1: Make prints
Beat the bowls with aluminum foil. Presses the foil in such a way that the imprint of a fist-sized stone is created.
2: dissolve sugar
Pour sugar and water into the saucepan, heat the whole thing while stirring until the solution boils. Stir until the sugar has completely dissolved and the sugar solution is completely clear on a tasting spoon. Take the pan off the stove and add a few dashes of food coloring while stirring.
Danger: The sugar solution is very hot; It is best to let an adult help you!
3: grow crystals
Pour the sugar solution into the bowls so that they are almost half full. Cover the bowls with another piece of aluminum foil and put a tea towel over it.
And now it's time to be patient, crystals need time to grow. Let the whole thing rest for two days until you look under the cover for the first time, a good week until the crystals are ready!
4: Remove the glitter crystal
When the sugar has crystallized, carefully take the aluminum foil and crystal out of the bowl. Slowly pour off the excess sugar solution and let everything dry for at least twelve hours.
Carefully loosens the glitter crystal from the aluminum foil; removes the remnants of the film. Let it dry upside down on an upside-down glass for another half a day.
5: The white couverture
Melt the white couverture as indicated on the package, so that an even, spreadable mass is created.
Now it has to be a bit quick: coat the crystals on the underside with the light couverture. Immediately put the crystals in the refrigerator for a few minutes to cool.
6: The dark couverture
Now add the cocoa powder to the rest of the couverture and stir until an even, dark mass has formed. Keep stirring so that the mixture does not set.
Take the crystals and spread the dark couverture on too. Finished!
More delicious recipes:
- Can you study surgery after completing a BSc
- Which is the most powerful chemical in the world
- Why is movie hopping illegal?
- Why do dogs chew on legs
- Kurds, Iranians and Indians look white
- Can a spine be transmitted between people
- How are Lodestones inherently magnetic?
- Is dependent on Bruce Wayne Batman
- What is a black eye
- What is a medieval timeframe
- Where to buy lipstick boxes
- Rich Indians think differently
- Who Sells North Face Jackets
- What is preventing Romania from joining the Schengen area?
- What are the most popular nursery rhymes
- How do you forge surveillance videos
- Which tradition rounds off your favorite vacation
- Why is marijuana illegal around the world
- Is Savitar the Reverse Flash
- Why don't we think before we speak
- Have cake yeast
- How does Keynote compare to Microsoft PowerPoint
- What is the final rank for JIPMER
- Why is our education system not advanced?