Which is the oldest regional Indian language
Tulu may become an official language in India
The local government of Karnataka, a state in southwest India on the border of Goa and Kerala, is committed to ensuring that the local Tulu language is recognized as an official language. Tulu is spoken by around 10 million native speakers mainly in Karnataka and in a small part of northern Kerala known as Tulu Nadu. The Tulu language belongs to the Dravidian language family, which also includes other regional languages such as Tamil, Telugu, and Kannada.
Minister of Culture Umashree said that the government had already pushed the inclusion of Tulu into the eighth program of the constitution.
"Over the past month the Union Government has been collecting information that we are currently viewing and that will be broadcast soon," she told Mohiuddin Bava of the Indian National Congress.
The minister said the government is currently collecting information on Tulu speakers based on data from the 2001 census, and she was confident that parliament would respond positively to the people's request.
Bava said that Tulu has a history of over 2,000 years and those who speak the language are upset that it has not yet been recognized as an official language and are demanding that they be given that recognition.
Many linguists suspect that Tulu is one of the oldest languages of the Dravidian family, which developed almost 2000 years ago independently of its Proto-Dravidian roots.
Recently, however, Tulu has borrowed many words from the Kannada language, the official language of Karnataka. However, the two languages are not closely related.
Tulu is one of the most widely spoken languages and is not in said eighth program of the constitution, a list of the official languages in India. In general, when the speakers of a language are in a geographically contiguous area, they come together to form their own state and try to get the status of an official language. Since 2010, Tulu has been taught as a subject at a primary school in Coastal Karnataka.
- Where to find tropical storms
- Which POS supports the Sodexo card
- What makes your Tinder organic unique
- Supports Shopify automatic topic updates
- What is a computer in progress
- How do you treat addiction without therapy
- Who do you think is overrated
- When do the parents separate
- Have you made real estate investments in Malaysia
- Who is the best indian artist
- What went wrong with Suresh Raina
- How is the food hot dog prepared
- What skills should a history teacher have?
- We are coder freaks
- What is the K-space in the MRI
- Will socialism replace capitalism in the future?
- Why should left-handed people watch Fox News
- Writing tips Is this piece grammatically correct?
- How do I let people in
- What did the earliest zipper look like
- What makes Bayesian thinking attractive to you
- Are you and Chris Jericho friends
- Mathematics is essential for pharmacy
- What do you think about Odoo
- Why did Terence Tao join UCLA
- How can I use Quora at 100
- What kind of drawing device is that
- How can I describe a winch
- How do you say employee in Turkish
- What is the reputation of NIT Bhopal
- How can Java be used
- Is the deletion of the IIT test not the end
- Who babysits celebrity children
- How is wifistudy com for SSC CGL