What is methylamine
Methylamines, the primary, secondary and tertiary methyl derivatives of ammonia. They are the simplest compounds from the series of aliphatic amines. Monomethylamine (Methylamine, Aminomethane), CH3-NH2; M.p. -93.5 ° C, b.p. -6.3 ° C. Dimethylamine, (CH3)2NH; M.p. -93 ° C, b.p. 7.4 ° C. Trimethylamine, (CH3)3N; M.p. -117.2 ° C, b.p. 2.9 ° C, nD.20 1,3631.
M. are flammable gases that smell like ammonia and dissolve well in water, alcohol, ether and glycols. Water-soluble methylammonium salts are formed with mineral acids. The action of nitrous acid on dimethylamine produces a yellow, poisonous nitrosamine. Trimethylamine and alkyl halides form trimethylalkylammonium salts.
M. occur as metabolic products in plants and animals. Mono- and trimethylamine are found in bone oil and in distillation products from wood. Di- and trimethylamines are also formed when proteins are broken down in yeast, cheese and fish. They are also found in herring brine and sugar beet molasses.
The M. is produced by reacting methanol and ammonia in the presence of aluminum oxide catalysts at pressures of 1.5Â · 106 to 3Â · 106 Pa and 350 to 450 ° C. The product mixture contains approximately 1 part monomethylamine, 2 parts dimethylamine and 7 parts trimethylamine, which can be separated by fractional distillation. M. are mainly used in the chemical and pharmaceutical industries. They are primarily used as intermediate products in the manufacture of dyes, pharmaceuticals and pesticides. Monomethylamine is also used in the production of textile auxiliaries, sarcosine and dimethylurea. From dimethylamine are dimethylformamide, dimethylacetamide, N,N-Dimethylethanolamine, vulcanization accelerators and quaternary ammonium salts accessible. It is also used as a depilatory in the leather industry and as a solvent for synthetic fibers. Trimethylamine is used in the manufacture of choline and choline salts, emulsifiers, disinfectants and quaternary ammonium salts.
- What are cryptography methods
- Why do birds attack cyclists in Australia?
- Can a general surgeon perform plastic surgery
- Is alum harmful to humans
- Can I register for CPT this time
- Weight loss is good during hypothyroidism
- Who is the nastiest television preacher these days?
- Are agile methods applicable for marketing
- A heroin addict ages faster
- What is a little chicken
- Why is a valve used in front of the turbine
- How do I learn Raspberry Pi
- Can a Christian be oppressed by demons?
- Are you autistic and left handed
- Is the crazy king Tyrion's father
- What motivates Patrick Bateman
- The first human species were sentient
- What is the scientific reason to get angry?
- Do jeans go well with boots
- Upstart will hurt my credit
- What is Fordham known for?
- Why do people keep saying 9 + 10 21
- How many Quora profiles do you have
- Is Jio Sim good for voice calls
- Have you ever made a viral video?
- Is there cocaine in Red Bull Cola
- What is the salary in remote sensing
- What is the foam used in aero modeling
- How did the werewolf mythology begin
- What is trigger in SQL
- How hackers fake emails
- Car windshields are made of tempered glass
- What are the American music genres