Which was the first web server
The first web server was a NeXt
The first web server was a NeXt
In order to advance his lobbying work, Berners-Lee set up the web server info.cern.ch on his NeXT computer on Christmas Eve 1990. For most PC users, however, the web was inaccessible at the time. There was a lack of user-friendly browsers for personal computers. In addition, network users often used isolated online services such as Compuserve, AOL or Btx.
In April 1993, with an important formal act, CERN laid the foundation for the success of the ideas developed by Tim Berners-Lee. The institute released the web to the public and deliberately refrained from license payments or patenting. The triumphant advance of the WWW in the mid-1990s took place outside of CERN. The most important internet community in the US got on the web at a breathtaking speed. The student Marc Andreessen developed the first Mosaic browser at the University of Illinois and later set about making its software the leading online platform with Netscape. Microsoft founder Bill Gates recognized the trend in 1994, called for the chase on Netscape and instigated the "browser war".
Tim Berners-Lee went to the USA in 1994 to found the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. In this committee, the technical developments of the web are standardized under his leadership to this day. For his services, the Briton was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II and received the order "Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire". In 1997 he was included in the "Order of Merit", which was limited to just 24 people.
However, Berners-Lee did not become a very rich man like Bill Gates or Marc Andreessen. If the computer scientist is asked whether he is annoyed that he has not benefited more financially from the development of the Web, the answer is: "I made conscious decisions about how my life should go. I would not change them."
- Why doesn't my car keep running?
- What are reliable websites for currency trading platforms
- How is MITCOE for mechanical
- Do you like or love yourself
- What is a software diagram
- Who shot Hiram Lodge
- What are people doing in clubs
- What was your worst personal experience
- What are the skills of dialectical behavior therapy
- What are the cons of the GCC compiler
- What are the main CrossFit lifts
- Is Morata a better player than Torres
- What is a Crassulacean Acid Metabolic Pathway
- How are stripes added to the fabric?
- How do I remove Covergirl Outlast lipstick
- Is NASA considering funding SpaceX?
- What are the best low budget snacks
- Why is my Samsung Galaxy S3 slow
- Men like to wear butt plugs
- How do i fix this code
- Which is the best graphic cricket game
- How can I bookmark videos on YouTube
- What is SQL Relay
- Is PVC good for installation
- What are road safety strategies
- Why does the left defend Roman Polanski
- You should leave toothpaste on your teeth
- What causes polymorphonuclear leukocytes
- Have prepositions synonyms
- How can dragons be used in warfare?
- How many formulas does Excel contain
- What is 60 5 7 2
- What is your experience with SimplyGoLive?