Why does Apple lock iPhones
If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen
If you lose an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or suspect the device has been stolen, here's how to find it and protect your data.
Mark as lost
When you mark a device as lost, remotely lock it with a code to protect your information. This will also disable Apple Pay on the missing device. And you can view a custom message with your contact information on the missing device.
Mark your device as lost.
Report the loss of the device to the local police station
Submit a theft and loss claim
If your missing iPhone is protected against theft and loss with AppleCare +, request an iPhone replacement.
Submit a claim.
Remotely delete a device
After you've erased a device, you won't be able to track its location. So make sure you don't have to search for the device anymore. If you purchased AppleCare + with theft and loss coverage, don't wipe your iPhone until your claim is approved.
Erase your device.
Contact mobile operator
If the missing device is an iPhone or iPad with a data plan, report the loss of the device to your wireless service provider so that they can deactivate your account and prevent phone calls and the use of SMS and data services. If your device is covered against loss with your cellular plan, you can make a claim.
Remove a missing device from an account
If you purchased AppleCare + with theft and loss coverage, don't remove the lost iPhone from your account until your claim is approved.
You can remove the missing device from your list of trusted devices at appleid.apple.com.
AppleCare + with theft and loss protection is not available in all countries or regions.
Information relating to non-Apple products or independent websites that are not controlled or audited by Apple is not a recommendation or endorsement. Apple is not responsible for the selection, performance, or use of third-party websites and products. Apple makes no representations about the accuracy or reliability of any third party websites. Contact the provider for additional information.
- What does sgn mean in math
- What percentage of our thoughts are negative
- How important is programming to technical entrepreneurship
- Hospitality management is easy
- Which animal sleeps the least?
- Who is the average Quora user
- Will NASA ever be revived?
- Where are Shopify apps hosted
- How do you break the law legally?
- Why do people like to play bingo
- How can I add tasks to Gmail?
- What are the health benefits of iodine
- What is chromoly steel
- Is Trump screwed
- Why are the northerners so smart
- Do you use Instagram or Snapchat more?
- What did Napoleon think of India?
- What is a scientific article
- How did Peter Drucker gain his experience
- What is exon is omitted
- Why doesn't aluminum-free deodorant work
- How do I compress combined PDF online
- Do I have to cook all the ham?
- How do smart people live in society
- What is intrapersonal intelligence
- What are your realistic expectations
- Willie Nelson wrote Just Breath
- Which one is correct sign in or sign in
- What is a biodiversity kline
- How papaya prevents pregnancy
- What is the 85025 CPT code
- What is Moogsoft
- Why is the fourth change not better protected?