Is it taboo to be transgender?
LGBTQ Transsexuality, transgender, transidentity living - what does that mean?
Transgender - what does that mean?
Transgender people are people who do not - or not only - identify with the gender they were assigned at birth.
The terms transsexuality, transgender or transidentity are mostly used synonymously and describe the condition when one's own gender identity does not match the biological sex of birth.
The gender role is not only defined by sexuality, but by the whole personality of the person. Transgender people primarily want to be socially accepted as belonging to the opposite sex. A gender reassignment that has taken place or is being sought is not necessarily associated with this.
The number of surgical sex reassignments is increasing
But the desire to live as a man or woman biologically is cherished by more than one thinks. This shows, among other things, the number of surgically performed sex reassignments in Germany.
According to Statista, "only" 883 people underwent an operation in 2012 in order to live sexually as the opposite sex. In 2019 there were already 2,324 people who made this decision.
Social and legal barriers
The figures show that society is becoming a little more open. Nevertheless, it is still difficult for many people to socially or sexually change the sex "assigned" at birth.
The guidelines of the health insurance companies do not make it any easier: As before, two independent medical reports confirming transsexuality are necessary so that the health insurance company pays the costs for an operative sex change as a "medically necessary measure".
MDR podcast "Breaking taboos": Transgender
An episode of the podcast "Tabubruch" by "MDR aktuell" is dedicated to the topic of trans identity. Christian * e lived as a man for five decades, although she has always felt at home as a woman and in the gender of her birth. Nevertheless, Christian * e was married for over twenty years and had two children with her wife.
She recently started living as a woman. But the way there was anything but easy. Many people around them still see Christian * e as a man, although she dresses as a woman. She has not yet followed the path of sex reassignment and may never do so. Her great wish: to be socially accepted as a woman.
- What are internship opportunities in computer technology
- Is it lonely to live alone
- Have you been to Bulgaria
- Is war a hate crime
- How can I help end global warming
- How does visual similarity software work
- Could octopuses take over the world
- Will humanity ever achieve absolute peace?
- What makes a good reservoir engineer
- Is it possible to be mutated?
- What is the origin of PCs
- Why are so many retirees so miserable
- What other sections are there in Starfleet
- How common is diabetes mellitus in children
- What if you don't eat enough
- Is there work for a history focus
- Will the company reimburse Cognizant for travel expenses?
- What are the sensational songs by Sanam
- Farah Khan is a good director
- How do I buy media mailing lists
- Why was Canada's Hundred Day Struggle important
- Why does my cat have watery eyes
- How does a rollerball work
- What is a bolt preload analysis
- How is the reverse mortgage payment determined
- What made coding easier for you
- What is Madonna's last name
- Why did you think about denying your children?
- What were the roles of an emperor
- What is a hearing test
- Why is the fourth change not better protected?
- How do I string a classical guitar
- Why does Batman like Catwoman