What is Edgardo Bauza's salary for Argentina
Lionel Messi is playing for Argentina again
Lionel Messi wants to play for Argentina again. A country breathes a sigh of relief. He himself says: I didn't want to cause any more problems.
(dpa) Lionel Messi wants to play for his country again and lead Argentina to the World Cup in Russia with renewed vigor. Not even two months after the mourning after losing the final in the penalty shootout at the Copa America against Chile, Messi announced his resignation in a message: "Because I love my country and this jersey too much," he explained. There are already enough problems in Argentine football: "I don't want to worry about more," continued Messi.
Also Bauza's merit
The change of heart is also a first achievement of the new Argentine trainer Edgardo Bauza. He had previously met with Messi to persuade the five-time world footballer from FC Barcelona to make a comeback. Before Messi announced his return, Bauza had stated that he had no doubts about it. Messi will lead his team as captain again in the next games in the World Cup qualifiers.
On September 1, Argentina will host Uruguay in Mendoza, five days later the Himmelblau-Weissen will play against hosts Venezuela in Merida. Argentina currently ranks third in the South America group behind leaders Uruguay and Ecuador.
In Argentina, Messi's announcement caused a big sigh of relief. In the online edition of the sports newspaper “Olé”, the news of his return initially also suppressed the Olympic events. His resignation had previously triggered reactions in the highest political circles. Head of State Mauricio Macri had written: "I hope that the joy of seeing the best in the world will continue for many years."
Before his political career, Macri was president of Boca Juniors, Argentina's most popular football club. The fact that Messi had never played in Argentina as a professional, but rather during his career in Barcelona, made it difficult for the "flea" at home for a long time. But he also played his way into the hearts of his compatriots who suffered with him after the final defeat at the end of June. Messi had awarded a crucial penalty in the final in New Jersey.
In the previous year Argentina had also lost the Copa America title against Chile in a penalty shootout. In 2014 Messi's team failed against Germany in the World Cup final in Brazil, in 2010 Messi himself and in 2006 in the World Cup quarter-final against Germany.
His 113th international match should have been his last, Messi said. “I worked hard, a title with the national team was what I wanted most. But it shouldn't be. So it's over now, ”he had said. But not even FC Barcelona really wanted to admit the end of the Messi era in the Albiceleste. «The Leo Messi days in the national team seem to be over. At least that's what he said to the media after Argentina’s recent defeat, ”it said there.
But now the junior world champion from 2005 and Olympic champion from 2008 has changed his mind. Now, with blond hair and a beard, he wants to do what he likes to do best and what he does best, even in his national dress: playing football.
- Is water the simplest liquid
- What is the density of green sand
- Will online education ever replace traditional education?
- Where is an abundance of wisdom
- Can you interpret this poem
- What do INFJ and INFP mean
- Aluminum is the lightest metal
- Why are birth certificates important
- What is Cuba's relationship with North Korea
- Find shopping for Foundation easy
- What is a blood substitute
- Is plexiglass waterproof
- What is AQ mineral water
- ABC juice helps with glowing skin
- What is not conventional energy
- Which email validation services accept PayPal
- Why is Kerala flood disaster politicized
- Is VMC Rohtak good
- What is the chemical formula of trinitrotoluene
- What is the full form of KTM
- Is the search for motivation an escape from reality?
- Is it worth telling the truth
- What killed Itachi Uchiha and his illness
- How do I install the K Meleon Browser
- How can I change my company name?
- Talking to yourself will make you smarter
- Will Takeda shareholders approve the acquisition of Shire
- Is the mission safe
- Who was worse Che Guevara or Pinochet
- What would a new Homestead Act contain
- Are there steps to acceptance
- Dravidians are originally residents of Kumari Kandam
- How could an intentional community use blockchain?