What is an instrumental failure
to directory mode
Types of errors
In addition to the so-called gross errors (imprecise folding rule, measuring tape for micro measurements), two types of errors play a role: statistical errors and systematic errors.
Statistical (random) errors (engl. error)
You determine the precision (engl. precision) and thus the reproducibility of a process. They are unavoidable and cannot be characterized.
Reproducibility is a measure of the spread between random variables.
Systematic errors (engl. bias)
They influence the correctness (engl. accuracy, trueness) of an analysis process.
They are the deviations of the results from the true value and are caused by disruptive influences (unexpected components) or faulty measuring technology (wrong method, faulty device, warped folding rule). You can only by comparative measurements
- with different technology
- in other laboratories
- through round robin tests
can be discovered, but not by repeated measurements.
A frequently used representation of the expected value of a test result is the mean value. In this case the bias represents the deviation between the mean value of a number of results and the recognized reference value. In analytical chemistry this is usually referred to as systematic error.
- Often accuracy is also used as an overall error. Unfortunately, the DIN and ISO standards are inconsistent.
Since the true value is usually not known, an attempt is made to approximate it as closely as possible by reducing all systematic sources of error and to reduce the uncertainty of the determined value through multiple measurements.
Applet: Systematic and random error
- Young girls should wear makeup
- How can I earn 10x my money
- At what age were you taken seriously
- How did cave people cut the umbilical cord?
- What is the full form of AMPS
- Is the archbone operation insured
- Regrowth the human tongue
- What causes a computer to crash
- How does hunting affect the ecosystem
- Who are holywood actresses
- Does the phone sensor affect the camera
- What are all the multiples of 36
- What SEAT model is this car
- How can I critically analyze a film
- Why aren't more people depressed?
- Are Roman aqueducts still to be found in Great Britain?
- Which NGO should I join to teach?
- What is an example of miscommunication
- How long have there been candy canes
- North Korean citizens hate American citizens
- How does SNL choose your host
- Why are there no craters on Pluto?
- Have you ever donated an organ?
- May cause pus infection
- What is the full form of OBGYN
- Ever catch mousetraps small mice
- Where does the Queso Blanco Dip come from?
- Who is the nastiest television preacher these days?
- What is the full form of TWT
- How do you update an iPhone 3G
- What is ARMv8A
- Ants have hearts
- Is PEC a good college
- Is it cause of high blood pressure