Is the US a company?
The 5 largest companies in the US
Even if China has recently caught up, the USA is still considered the world's largest economy. In 2015, economic output per capita in the USA was around four times higher than in China at around US $ 55,900. The USA should continue to record robust economic growth in 2018.
The growth is expected to be higher than, for example, in Germany. Reason enough to look at the largest companies in the United States.
The top 5 largest companies in the US:
5. Exxon Mobile (market value: € 265.27 billion)
Exxon Mobile was formed in 1999 through the merger of Exxon and Mobil Oil. Due to the slump in oil prices, the world's largest oil company is also facing new challenges.
Exxon Mobile boss Rex Tillerson has been campaigning for the controversial oil fracking over and over again in recent years, which has made the USA an oil superpower.
4. Berkshire Heathaway (market value: € 395.75 billion)
Founded in 1955, Berkshire Heathaway is not only the most expensive stock in the world, the US financial holding has also been very successful over the past few decades. Berkshire Heathaway primarily holds stakes in large US companies and primarily pursues a value approach.
These include stakes in Wal-Mart Stores, IBM, Coca-Cola, American Express and Wells Fargo. The company is led by investor legend Warren Buffett.
3. Google (market value: € 537.35 billion)
Google, founded in 1998, dominates not only the search engine market in the USA, but also in Europe. In addition, Google has been one of the most valuable brands in the world for years. Hardly any other US company has grown as fast as Google over the past decade.
The triumphant advance of smartphones and tablets also poses new challenges for Google and CEO Larry Page. With the Android mobile operating system and the Google Play app marketplace, Google sees itself as ideally equipped for the mobile age.
2. Microsoft (market value: € 577.41 billion)
Microsoft, founded in 1975, is the largest software house in the world. The Windows operating system can be found on more than 90% of all desktop PCs.
Microsoft has missed the trend towards mobile devices, but Microsoft's new CEO Satya Nadella wants to realign the US software house with a new strategy (Mobile First, Cloud First). That means: Microsoft wants to develop a software suite in the future that primarily uses cloud technology and is easy to use on mobile devices.
1. Apple (market value: € 710.26 billion)
Apple, founded in 1976, is not only the world's largest technology company, but also the largest company in the United States. Hardly any other company has seen such a steep rise in the past decade, from which investors have also benefited.
The market value of Apple has now reached the mark of over € 700 billion, which means that the company value has increased by more than 2,000% in the last 10 years.
Apple's success has several reasons: Sophisticated products with a sophisticated design (Mac, iPhone, iPad) through to top management have ensured stable and profitable growth for years.
The corona pandemic is playing into the cards of these two tech companies The digitization process is accelerating rapidly due to the corona pandemic. Alphabet and Tencent benefit greatly from this. > read more
- Target C is faster than Swift
- I'm broken hearted Can I get some advice
- How do bayonets work
- Is fishing an outdoor sport?
- What animal can kill a shark
- Why are some teachers not using ZipGrade?
- What is a 9GAG Pro user
- What common things are countries named after?
- Why doesn't India want Nepal to develop?
- Who should study chemistry
- When can shyness make someone more personable?
- What is a travel agency WP theme
- What are the future prospects for Baidu
- What if we build a vibranium cannon
- What happens when limestone is heated
- What places should we see in Hawaii
- What are bon mots
- How do I start mining precious metals
- Is infinitely less than infinity +1
- If x 43 31 what is x
- Is Bravo TV on Hulu
- Which company specializes in blockchain technology
- Scientific evidence that God leaves
- Is the salt water flush dangerous?