How should I prepare for LNAT
Eight English law schools are setting up entrance exams
In early February 2004, eight UK law schools announced that they would be setting up a common entrance exam for their undergraduate courses. The National Admission Test for Law (LNAT) is planned to take place for the first time in November 2004 for applicants from the following year 2005. The contract for carrying out the test should be put out to tender and awarded to an external service provider.
The participating universities and law schools all come from the top 20 of the respected Guardian rankings; they are Oxford, University College London, Cambridge, Bristol, Nottingham, East Anglia, Durham and Birmingham.
According to reports from the Guardian, the LNAT is based on a US model, the American Scholastic Aptitude Test for Law Students (LSAT). Precisely for this reason there is a protest against the planned entrance examination: American parents pay their children expensive preparation courses for these exams if they can afford it. The LNAT plans could also suggest attending appropriate courses in England and thus discriminate against students from lower-income groups.
In contrast, the eight English law schools emphasize that the LNAT will "improve the selection process and make it fairer for all applicants". You will not ask about knowledge, but check basic intellectual performance, such as the ability of the applicant to “read, understand, analyze text passages and draw logical conclusions from them”. In this type of test, there is no disadvantage based on social origin.
The two-hour LNAT will consist of two parts. 80 minutes are reserved for multiple-choice comprehension questions on selected texts; applicants have to write an essay in the remaining 40 minutes.
The background to the plans is the dissatisfaction of many universities with the informative value of British school leaving certificates. (Markus Lembeck / azur-online)
- What makes Wikipedia an unreliable source
- What are the dimensions of consumer behavior
- What is ulzzang
- Why can't the deep web be regulated?
- How were colors inserted into computers
- What is India's position on the refugee crisis
- What's the best ouija board ever
- You can edit a PDF in BlueBeam
- How do I sell my paintings 1
- Why did Detroit become so popular
- Will employ SAIL 2018 management trainees
- What are low biodiversity ecosystems
- How do I cure suntan
- All cobras are poisonous
- How many people help nature
- Should we be concerned about nuclear war
- How does UPS determine the shipping costs
- Is it okay to burn creosote wood
- How was your AFSB experience
- College students would vote for Hillary Clinton
- What are signs of growing up
- Can I work privately as a photojournalist?
- Where did Lord Shiva repent?
- Shall we live and let die