How is the CMV virus treated
Treating cytomegaly: therapies for CMV
If symptoms occur as a result of acute cytomegaly (CMV), these can be treated as part of a therapy. You can find out what treatment looks like in detail and how you can prevent illness here.
Prevention of CMV: preventing cytomegaly
So that a corresponding therapy is not even necessary in the case of cytomegaly, prevention is very important - especially for risk groups. This primarily includes people with a weakened immune system - for example those infected with the HI virus, cancer patients and transplant recipients.
In terms of prophylaxis, it is important to estimate how great the risk of infection is in each individual case if there is a corresponding immune deficiency. If this is particularly large, an anti-virus agent is sometimes used - a so-called antiviral agent. If the risk is lower, the blood will be checked regularly.
CMV: options for therapy in the event of an outbreak of disease
If cytomegaly has been diagnosed, appropriate treatment is given - also with antiviral agents. The active ingredients usually administered include ganciclovir and foscarnet, according to the portal "onmeda.de". These active ingredients, which can be administered in the form of capsules, tablets and infusions, kill the viruses in the body and in the skin. People who have CMV renititis usually have an implant placed in their eye, which gradually releases the antiviral drug. However, the drugs also have side effects - such as nausea, vomiting, rash and kidney dysfunction.
Appropriate therapy can be used not only for the prevention and treatment of an acute illness, but also to prevent or exclude a relapse.
Important NOTE: The information is in no way a substitute for professional advice or treatment by trained and recognized doctors. The contents of t-online cannot and must not be used to independently make diagnoses or start treatments.
- How was the Subaru Outback quick look
- What does it mean?
- How can I do an internship at IITB
- How does Amazon get so powerful
- Does Akshay Kumar have an Indian passport
- What if the wind blows
- What is 90 000 000 Robux
- Can I hide my identity on TikTok?
- Xbox One S game sharing is patched
- Who is Yul Brynner
- Can protons transmit electricity
- What is active link building
- What is beyond the 5 senses
- Dries out pipe tobacco
- Which country uses the fiat currency?
- Why didn't slam dunk end
- What is my real skin tone
- What is the value of 343
- Who is against net neutrality
- Are quantum physics and spirituality linked
- Why is Ae Dil Hai Mushkil banned
- Wendy Williams divorces her husband
- Mating is necessary for the German Shepherd Dog
- How did our ancestors drink water