Brown stink bugs eat house plants
Fight the brown stink bug: what to do?
The brown stink bug gets its name rightly. It secretes a foul-smelling secretion. Anyone who notices them on the property has to react quickly. We show how you can effectively fight the pest.
Recognize stink bugs
The stink bug (Palomena prasina) belongs to the family of stink bugs (Pentatomidae). It is also known as the common green compact.
- up to 15 millimeters in size
- eye-catching broad back label
- Colored green in spring and summer, brown in autumn
- Laying 200 eggs per female in spring
- Development of the larvae to the finished insect takes about eight weeks
- Habitat: gardens, parks, forests
- Food: plants, fruits
Damage in the garden
Stink bugs do not cause much damage in the garden. Your Feeding marks are on leaves recognizable. Buds wither and flowers do not open. Berries and fruits are sucked out of them. Brown puncture marks become visible and the Taste suffers. Tomatoes and peppers are popular host plants. The fruits show light spots after an infestation, which later develop spongy.
Damage in the apartment
The stink bugs get into the apartment through cracks in doors and windows in search of winter quarters. You cannot sting or bite people. They are also not considered to be carriers of diseases. Small children and sensitive people can still with Skin irritation respond to the animal's secretion.
Apartments are damaged in the event of an infestation by the disgusting smelly secretion that the animals give off. So he is liable Odor on furniture and textiles for a long time. It is difficult to remove, even from your hands.
Prevent stink bug infestation in the apartment
1. Eliminate nesting sites
Remove deposits on the house from pine needles, pine cones, acorns, brushwood, etc. these are often used by bugs as nesting facilities.
2. Close doors and windows
Stink bugs are lured into living spaces by light. Lock the windows and balcony doors with in summer Fly screens. Carefully seal cracks in windows and doors. Avoid the interior lighting when the window is unlocked.
3. Use vinegar detergents
Bugs like the smell of vinegar Not. Thoroughly clean your home. Use vinegar-based cleaning products.
4. Protect indoor plants
Check your houseplants regularly for a pest infestation. Spray your plants with a mixture of neem oil and water. Add one teaspoon of the oil to 250 milliliters of water. Water your houseplants carefully because bedbugs like drought.
5. Remove plants from the house
Lawns and beds that connect directly to the house allow stink bugs to enter the apartment. Leave if possible some distance between the house and planted areas. Regularly cut back bushes and shrubs that are likely to be colonized by stink bugs.
Fight stink bugs
1. Remove insects immediately
If you discover a brown stink bug in the apartment, do not touch it under any circumstances. Try slipping her a sheet of paper and using one to help her slipped over glass to be promoted outside. In the garden you can simply shake them off or collect them by hand. However, always wear gloves!
2. Sprinkle bugs with neem oil
Spray your plants with Neem oil a. The oil obtained from the seeds of the neem tree is a popular home remedy. It drives away stink bugs, mites and other pests without any chemicals.
3. Make vinegar and soapy water
Just like the neem oil, this liquid mixture has also proven to be very helpful in combating stink bugs. How to make the solution:
- Mix water, vinegar and washing-up liquid in a ratio of 4 to 2 to 1
- Example: 200 milliliters of water, 100 milliliters of vinegar, 50 milliliters of detergent
- Spray stink bugs directly
- Apply to any entrances such as window and door frames as a preventive measure
- does not harm the bugs
- only deterrent effect
4. Fight stink bugs with rhubarb stock
You can also get rid of stink bugs effectively with rhubarb stock. To do this, just proceed as follows:
- Pour three liters of boiling water over 500 grams of crushed rhubarb leaves
- Draw the infusion and let it cool down
- strain through sieve
- Spray the plants carefully
- Repeat application twice with an interval of one week each time
frequently asked Questions
The life expectancy of the insects is 12 to 14 months.
Unfortunately, the unpopular animals in Europe hardly have any natural enemies. Stink bugs come from Asia, where various parasitic wasps parasites the larvae and destroy them. A naturally designed garden, in which useful insects and small animals feel comfortable, is the best protection against pests.
In search of warm winter quarters, the annoying insects end up in the apartment, in the basement or in the attic. They can be found in flower pots, under floorboards, in wall paneling and even behind paintings. If you discover a stink bug in your home, get it outside quickly.
In no case try to remove the insects with the vacuum cleaner. They give off a disgusting smell to the vacuum cleaner.
Adhesive traps are available in stores to combat stink bugs in the home. When using it, there is a risk that the insects will still spray their foul-smelling secretion on the glue traps. The smell is very difficult to remove from the apartment. We recommend using the home remedy neem oil to drive the pests out of the apartment.
- Why are some fish considered warm-blooded?
- Mating is necessary for the German Shepherd Dog
- What was the Windows briefcase used for?
- What is the Boao Forum for Asia
- Why is toluene more reactive than benzene
- How do I learn Raspberry Pi
- How can a freelancer market their work
- Can McDonalds Give You Diabetes
- What can make science an art?
- Is democratic socialism a contradiction
- What does the school teach
- What are the highly alkaline fruits
- How is the Apeejay Institute of Design
- How long do rainbows usually last
- Which manufacturer has the best engine
- Get stuck in a VBA DO loop
- Causes zero point energy gravity 1
- What is the future value for Dogecoin
- How can I meet Dhoni during the IPL
- Is KIIT University bad or good
- Which companies use GitHub
- What kind of African Americans support Trump
- What makes a radio show popular
- How does Kanye West find his samples