What's going on with colleges today
COVID-19 pandemic and universities
The course of the Summer semester 2021 In view of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, which is partly due to virus mutations, the very dynamic infection process continues to take place only to a limited extent at the universities themselves. For the time being, federal states and universities are relying primarily on digital distance teaching - in accordance with the legal framework, in compliance with the necessary protective and hygiene measures and, if necessary, supported by local test strategies, digital offers are to be combined with face-to-face offers, especially for practical and experimental teaching, wherever this is justifiable (especially for laboratory activities, practical training sections, artistic exercises and exams). In principle, access to the holdings of the university libraries should also be made possible. This approach takes into account the specific needs of the universities, the subjects and the respective necessary teaching and learning formats while safeguarding health protection, depending on the situation. The universities have acted differently and efficiently since the beginning of the pandemic. In this way, they have sustainably reduced the risk of infection in their area of responsibility and at the same time continuously enabled students to complete and successfully complete a degree.
References to the legal basis for university operations in the federal states and to the "measures and special regulations" adopted there are accessible via the link above.
In the course of the, which has been in force since December 16, 2020 and resolved by the Prime Ministers of all countries together with the Federal Chancellor, it has been extended several times and in some cases tightened extended corona contact restrictions and on the basis of corresponding state ordinances and implementation provisions, the universities in the Federal Republic are in a changed operation, which provides that only the administrative work that is absolutely necessary for the operation is continued on site (i.e., if possible, moved to the home office); Cafeterias and libraries are closed (it may be possible to take meals or borrow literature); Classroom teaching and exams are reduced to the absolute minimum or are held digitally (exams may also be postponed); the properties are not open to the public.
On April 24th, 2021, an amendment to the Civil Protection and Infection Protection Act came into force Federal emergency brake - with contact restrictions linked to certain incidence thresholds - provides. With the simple transfer of the school-based model to academic operations, the amended law stipulates a changeover to "alternating teaching" from an incidence threshold of 100 and the prohibition of any classroom formats from an incidence threshold of 165, including for universities. Practical implementation and exception provisions as well as an amendment to the law are currently being agreed.
On 7 May 2021, the federal and state governments announced in a joint declaration on the situation at the universities that studying, teaching and research required more face-to-face events, but that intensifying contacts would have to be done responsibly and with a view to the infection rate.
Regulations in the winter semester 2020/21
For the Winter semester 2020/21 The central application and admission procedure was secured through the Foundation for University Admissions through joint efforts of the universities, the Foundation for University Admissions and the federal states. The following dates were set in May 2020:
- The application portals at the University Admissions Foundation will open on July 1, 2020. The application deadline for new high school graduates for the Central Procedure ends on August 20, 2020 for the 2020/2021 winter semester. This deadline also applies to other courses for which the allocation of study places is coordinated by the University Admissions Foundation.
- Despite the postponed final exams due to the corona, this gives all high school graduates of the current year the opportunity to apply for the winter semester. The beginning of lectures for new students in these courses is planned for November 2, 2020.
- The federal states, universities and the Foundation for University Admissions are currently working flat out to clarify the last details. As of June 2, 2020, applicants who have already acquired their university entrance qualification in previous years ("old school leavers") can also use the changed deadlines at the headquarters on the website of the Foundation for University Admissions at www.hochschulstart.de Inform the award procedure.
In view of the distance rules and hygiene regulations that still apply in autumn and winter, courses can be found in the Winter semester 2020/21
- How are proximity sensors connected?
- Who has the best bowling action
- Can choose libertarians in Republican Elementary School
- What does bokeh refer to in photography
- What are the disadvantages of backup storage
- Is it easy to work at a bank?
- Why are daerme used as sausage sleeves?
- What makes a good storyline for anime
- Is beer vegetarian
- Which food tastes sour?
- Dentists recommend electric toothbrushes for children
- Have you ever donated an organ?
- Doubts about Islam are emotional
- What is the Chardham Yatra
- How is the structure of methanamide
- Why do we have to dance
- Where can I buy Bitcoin with cash
- How is vacation in Sri Lanka
- Hw to avoid using cell phones
- How to fire ceramics
- What is an updraft scheme in CFD
- Byleva is a surname in Russia
- All IAS officers receive security
- When did gender inequality begin?