What is retrofitting
Part of speech: noun, (Female)Hyphenation:
- Retrofitting, Plural: After | rüs | to | gen
- IPA: [ˈNaːxˌʁʏstʊŋ]
- 1) Installation of additional components after completion and use to improve functionality
- 2) Increasing the military force through the purchase of material
- Derivation of the noun to the verb retrofit with the suffix-ung
- 1) “Through Retrofitting driving bans of diesel cars should be prevented. "
- 2) “But walking the tightrope between Retrofitting and relaxation made the social-liberal coalition vulnerable domestically. "
- Nominative: singular Retrofitting; Plural Retrofits
- Genitive: singular Retrofitting; Plural Retrofits
- Dative: singular Retrofitting; Plural Retrofits
- Accusative: singular Retrofitting; Plural Retrofits
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„The safety-related Retrofitting goes to the next round.“
Kölnische Rundschau, July 1st, 2019
„In the dispute over the diesel hardwareRetrofitting it is not clear which cars they Retrofitting get, nor who bears the costs in the end.“
Handelsblatt.com, September 9, 2018
„Exchange or Retrofittingthat are the possible options. The Retrofitting but is only funded by a small group. For the normal driver only the exchange remains. Who pays is still open.“
MDR, October 02, 2018
„It threatens the Retrofitting in the Retrofitting: Volkswagen wanted to remedy the diesel affair with software updates. But the new technology is also causing problems, the Federal Motor Transport Authority has been informed.“
Welt.de, December 23, 2018
„The Federal Ministry of Transport has guidelines for the Retrofitting older diesel issued. VW reacts negatively, wants them Retrofitting apparently not support it.“
NDR, December 28, 2018
„The agricultural trade association promotes the Retrofitting from older shredders to avoid accidents.“
agrarheute.com, April 28, 2020
„Serious turning accidents between trucks and cyclists occur again and again. Program should Retrofitting promote.“
Berliner Morgenpost, March 23, 2020
„The economic administration wants to spend millions on the Retrofitting to promote with turning assistants. But what about the state-owned buses?“
TAZ, January 22, 2020
„A maximum of 1,500 euros will be paid by the city for the Retrofitting shot of sun protection on windows and balcony doors.“
kurier.at, November 21, 2019
„The rail vehicle manufacturer Stadler Rail has received an order from Arriva Netherlands for Retrofitting received from 36 trains.“
cash.ch, June 29, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Entries from our dictionary containing "retrofitting":
retrofit:… Ret | ro | fit, plural: ret | ro | fits Word meaning / definition: 1) a subsequent adjustment; Retrofitting, Conversion Translations German: 1) Conversion (male); Retrofitting ...
Armament: Provided with further components, options. Related terms: 1) Retrofitting 2) Expansion, expansion Opposite words: 1) Disarmament Overarching terms: 1) Armament Examples of use: 1) Many countries invest a large proportion of their budget in further armament
Pollutant emission: ... developed by gasoline engines. 1) "By decommissioning old, new construction of modern systems and retrofitting with highly effective dedusting, desulfurization and denitrification systems ...
Add-on: ... for an application program 2) Technology: Hardware accessories; Extension, addition, upgrading or retrofitting for a computer or other device 3) something that you (when shopping) ...
Ventilation drive:… -S General terms: 1) Ventilation, technology Application examples: 1) "The ventilation function can be retrofitted by replacing the EVB with a ventilation drive with ...
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Retrofitting" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (May 24th, 2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Nachendung/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "retrofitting" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Retrofits (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Nach | rüs | tun | gen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Postscript (German) Part of speech: noun, (male) Cases: nominative: singular number of postscript; Plural of the suffixes genitive: ...
Postscript (German) Part of Speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Nach | sat | zes Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈnaːχˌzaʦəs]…
Lookup (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular Nachschau; Plural look-up genitive: singular ...
Look up (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Nach | Schau | en Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Lookup (German) Part of speech: noun, (male) Cases: nominative: singular lookup; Plural lookups genitive: ...
Lookup (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Subforms: Lookup Hyphenation: Nach | Schla | ge Pronunciation / Emphasis: ...
Lookup (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Subforms: Lookup Hyphenation: Nach | Schla | ges Pronunciation / Stress:…
Reference book (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular reference work; Most reference works ...
reference books (German) Part of speech: Declined form Secondary forms: Dative Singular: Reference book Hyphenation: ...
- What are some uses for potassium bromide
- Is America behind technology
- What is the use of will
- Rich Indians think differently
- A virus can infect macrophages
- Where can I get an online GED
- Can you see ocean plastic from space
- Which is the main institute of VLCC
- Space probes are all jokes
- Parliament or Constitution Which is stronger
- Should I remember everything while studying
- What is CLA
- What number is divisible by 156?
- Why do students sleep during lectures?
- How often can you train muscle endurance
- Is NASA considering funding SpaceX?
- Do people ever really think of others
- How is Dayalbagh University for Engineering
- What is the Java programming language 1
- What is 8 divided by 3
- Who is your favorite manager
- Will the X factor ever end?
- Where do you contour a round face
- Are American perfectionists at work