What is a cascode amplifier
When are BJTs used in the Common Base configuration?
BJTs are mostly used in a common emitter and sometimes common collector configuration. I rarely see common ground. When would you use a BJT as a common ground? For example, what parameters are different from the common emitter?
A common base configuration is characterized by having a current gain near unity (with a significant voltage gain) and a relatively low input impedance. Typical applications would be RF power amplifier (50Ω source) and the top transistor in a cascode configuration where it is used for isolation.
A common gate or common base amplifier is possibly the third or fourth most popular amplifier in operational amplifier design. You just don't necessarily recognize it as such. It plays an important role in cascode amplifier design. With the addition of the GG / GB amplifiers, the bandwidth goes up and things generally get better.
The most productive use of the common ground is (probably) on every single operational amplifier ever made. Here's a very simple idea of what I'm talking about:
If -Vin is on any DC voltage anywhere between + Vs and -Vs, the (other) signal (on + Vin) will be "seen" at the emitter of both transistors. This acts as an input for the emitter of the left BJT and + Vin (with or without gain) appears at the collector and Vout (in phase).
I won't go into the various aspects of the emitter's input impedance as this is covered in the comments.
- India builds an exascale supercomputer
- What is the capital of Zambia
- Why is it beneficial to invest in human capital?
- When do the parents separate
- How do you learn to kitesurf properly
- What is the best market in manila
- How do different auto insurances compare
- How did the concept of God begin
- How many people settle down
- You can retrieve accidentally deleted voicemails
- Can I record high quality music?
- Why is Chrome so important to Google
- Can I make money by breeding worms
- What is Editable IIT JEE Study Material
- What is Microsoft Excel 2
- SAT is an acronym
- Sachin Tendulkar is a leader
- Why are you not an investor
- How can I change someone negatively
- Robots will kill people
- Why is weed ganja not legal in India
- Increase outbuildings the property value
- Which essay by Roland Barthes is the best
- Are Apple Support spam emails
- When should I prepare for CSE?
- Automatic sinks and toilets save water
- What is Boruto Chakras Nature
- What inspired Mitch Alboms with Morrie on Tuesdays
- Is it worth switching to renewable energies
- My résumé, what is my rentability
- What is your favorite silent film actor
- How can I relieve rhomboid muscle pain
- How much money do bartenders make