How are hex codes calculated
Hexadecimal number system (hex code)
Large binary numbers have the disadvantage that they are very confusing.
To remedy this, the hexadecimal system was introduced.
4 bits of a binary number are replaced by a hexadecimal character.
Since a 4-bit binary number can have 16 states, but we only know 10 decimal numbers, 6 letters have been added to the hexadecimal number system.
Nominal values: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D, E, F
Largest face value: F.
Significance: 160 = 1, 161 = 16, 162 = 256, etc.
This table is used for a better understanding of the counting method in the hexadecimal number system. Each 4 binary digits form a hexadecimal digit.
|Decimal||Binary / dual||Hexadecimal|
Hexadecimal numbers in computer engineering
In computer technology, the dual number system is decisive. Sometimes the hexadecimal system is also used. Usually for a clearer representation of large dual numbers. Long bit sequences of 4 bits each are grouped and converted into a hexadecimal number. In this way, a long sequence of 1 and 0 results in a shorter hexadecimal number. For easier readability, hexadecimal numbers are then grouped again in groups of 2 or 4.
Hexadecimal numbers or the hexadecimal representation is another form of representation of bit sequences.
|0101||0000||1010||1100||0011||1111||grouped bit sequence|
|5||0||A.||C.||3||F.||Conversion to hex numbers|
|50||AC||3F||grouped hex numbers|
The hexadecimal system or the sixteen system is used for a clearer and more compact representation of long bit sequences. It is also used in assembler programming for addressing I / O and memory modules.
Spelling of the hexadecimal numbers
Hexadecimal numbers are marked with a "16" as an index or a preceding dollar sign ($). Other spellings with "h" or "H" are inconsistent and therefore not correct and are only acceptable in exceptional cases.
- 10016 (correct spelling)
- $ 100 (correct spelling)
- 0x100 (correct spelling)
- 100h (wrong spelling)
- 100H (incorrect spelling)
Other related topics:
Electronics simple and easy to understand
The electronics primer is a book about the basics of electronics, components, circuit technology and digital technology.
I want that!
Experience electronics with the "Starter Edition" electronics set
Perfect for beginners and newcomers
- Entry into electronics without prior knowledge
- Quick understanding of components and circuit symbols
- Experiment without a soldering iron: just insert components
More informationOrder the electronics set now
- What does directly proportional
- Can you increase your IQ after depression
- Is it no longer profitable to mine a Bitcoin?
- What is the best American red wine
- Corresponds to 7 7 77
- How are tortillas traditionally made
- What is a good Italian macaron recipe
- Why are people fascinated by ASMR
- What is the oldest place in India
- What is the bindec function in PHP
- Define Saudi Arabia
- How do you use effective email marketing
- Controlled by major American media
- How can I use anonymity
- What is the atomicity of phosphorus 4
- How do I find a travel companion
- What is PewDiePie's greatest source of income
- How can I personalize my jeans
- What is your favorite bike manufacturer
- What are the top trends in mobile
- Greco Roman is tough at wrestling
- What is a medieval timeframe
- What is Metropolitan Statistical Area MSA
- Who is Princess Caroline's husband