Breathe jellyfish If so, how
What kind of strange creatures are they that remind us more of jelly than an animal?
Their umbrella-shaped body consists almost entirely of water and some jellyfish are almost transparent so that we can see inside their bodies. But there isn't much to see there! Not the slightest trace of gills like fish, a windpipe, or a heart. Then how can these animals breathe?
Most animals take in oxygen through their lungs, and from there it goes directly into the blood. The heart pumps the blood to all parts of the body so that the cells are supplied with the oxygen that is essential for life.
To understand how jellyfish breathe, you have to take a closer look at their physique: They consist of a very thin outer skin and an equally thin inner skin. Between these skins there is a jelly-like layer in which there are only a few cells. You can think of it as two plastic bags stuck inside each other. Because both skins only consist of a single layer of cells, the oxygen dissolved in the water can be absorbed directly by the cells. The cells need the oxygen because it provides some of the energy necessary for the jellyfish to move and grow. In Asia there is a species of jellyfish that is 10 m can reach and about 200 kg weighs!
So jellyfish are very simply built, but still capable of amazing performance.
- Loves Keke Drake
- Does Dubai ever get an earthquake
- Where is Mexico on an economic level
- Why does a system collect lead generation
- What does HPCL stand for
- Why do dolphins travel with whales
- Ringo Starr was the worst Beatle
- Why does drinking alcohol make people morose
- School attire is compulsory in board exams
- What are laminated pipes
- Who made the first cheeseburger
- What are some great Halloween traditions
- Did Donald Trump's budget pass Congress?
- How does hydrogen gas become liquid
- What makes a critic worth considering
- When does the wind speed become dangerous
- How can I get a bitcoin forum
- I fear old people, why is that
- Can camels live in Florida
- How do I join ThoughtWorks
- How does indoctrination affect critical thinking?
- Which drone pilot networks are global
- What are the best pokemon games online
- What are some fascinating facts about psychopaths
- Is Dropbox a feature or a product
- Is a zero matrix diagonalizable
- What is the service from Groww
- Does SRM ever have a DJ party
- Why did Hitler become Chancellor in 1933
- How does WhasApp make money
- What are different levels of the internet
- Daily vitamins are of considerable importance
- Why does Houston have so much urban sprawl