How old are five-graders
Tips for fifth graders when switching to high school
In the first few weeks of the new school year in particular, it is important to get used to the new circumstances. The bpv advises parents to take the often longer new ones way to school to practice intensively with the children. Older students from the same street or town can also help. The association points out that the pupils should cope with the way to school relatively quickly themselves. “Coming to school in your parents' car should be the exception when public transport is not available. The children's and young people's personal responsibility doesn't just begin in the schoolyard, ”emphasizes Schwägerl.
Also the care social contacts takes time and attention. A new school always means making new acquaintances, but also leaving old relationships behind. The children have to find and assert their place in the class community and the group. “If a student struggles with new friendships in the first few weeks, don't worry. Parents should ask questions, show interest and, if necessary, strengthen their child's self-esteem, ”advises Schwägerl. The relationship with the teachers will also change: Since the subject teacher principle applies at the grammar school, contact with the individual teacher is less intensive, but there is more diversity in teaching staff and methods, which many students find enriching. The boys in particular will be happy to have more male teachers.
In the first few months, especially at high school, there may be uncertainties about the power come. Pupils who were able to get good grades in elementary school with little effort often have to get used to regular study. The first poorer grades may also have to be dealt with. In general, the teachers' association advises you to be calm. If the first school assignments and impromptu tasks do not turn out as expected, that is not yet an alarm signal. The learning pace at grammar school is higher than in elementary school and the density of material increases. Children get used to it at different speeds. Pressure from parents would therefore be wrong: It is important to positively encourage the child, even with small learning successes, and to support them in organizing their own learning. Many schools help with "learning to learn" courses.
Schwägerl explains: “With the larger number of subjects and lessons, the domestic plays self-organisation an important role. Parents can help with planning learning and homework and, especially at the beginning, maybe also check the exercise books. In terms of content, they should only help with homework in exceptional cases and on request. It is better to show the child where and how they can research independently. If tuition seems necessary, it is advisable to contact the class and subject teacher. "
The association also recommends a good one Balance between school and free time. School will take up more space in children's lives than before, simply through more hours per week, electives or a longer way to school. Nevertheless, there should be enough time outside of school, also to maintain old and new friendships. Schwägerl sums up: “School must first and foremost be connected with positive feelings and a place where the child likes to be. Parents and teachers have to work together to ensure this. "
Bavarian Association of Philologists
- What are good neighborhoods in Huntsville Al
- Why Does Anyone Take the Bible Seriously?
- Will Amazon Echo be successful?
- What is the most famous car
- Are you ready for soccer 3
- How to clean occupied spaces
- What are some excellent boarding schools
- How often does fatigue affect a soldier?
- Can the gravity be changed?
- Why are our faces not naturally symmetrical?
- What techniques are there for cello positions?
- Do you really know six foreign languages?
- How is Romania much richer than Moldova
- What are different customer insights
- What happens when you pee
- What is the full form of the IAAI
- How did the Japanese element symbols come about
- What is the most effective diet pill
- How do volume controls work on computers
- Are there any descendants of Krishna today
- Is Kalinga University wrong?
- When did Italy start speaking a language?
- A computer software engineer should know Photoshop
- How many gorillas are there in Rwanda
- What is metaphysical certainty as a concept
- Who is a radiologist
- What ties go with gray pants
- Quora recently changed its main designer
- How is testosterone excreted
- Do operas contain lyric writing
- What is the difference between bioinformatics and biotechnology
- What are some strange traditions in Belgium
- Why do motivations burn out