What is the capital of Zambia
Country & people
With an area of 752,614 km², the total size of Zambia is more than twice as large as that of Germany and is largely located on the Central African plateau. The east-west extension is 1350 km - the north-south extension 1100 km. In the center of the country, Zambia is severely restricted by the Katanga summit.
Zambia wanted poster
- Capital: Lusaka
- population: 10.462.436
- Country size: 752,614 km²
- languages: English is the official language, there are also 7 officially recognized tribal languages (Bemba, Nyanja, Lozi, Tonga, Lunda, Kaonde and Luvale)
- currency: Zambia Kwacha (ZMK)
- Former colony: of Great Britain
Many plateaus in Zambia
Much of the country lies on a high plateau that is flatly forested and is part of the central and eastern Lunda wave, which runs through large parts of Central Africa. To the east to the Malawi border, Zambia is up to 2000 meters high (Nyika high mountains). In the south and southwest you still climb to 900 meters. The plateau is only interrupted at two points: by the valley regions of the Zambezi and Luangwa rivers. The Kafue and Luangwa are important tributaries of the Zambezi.
Lots of water in Zambia
With 45%, Zambia has the largest water resources (swamps, lakes, rivers, reservoirs) in southern Africa. There are large swamp areas in the Luapula Basin (northeast), on the upper Zambezi (north) and in the centrally located Kabwe. One of the main attractions of Zambia is the Victoria Falls in the north on the border with Zimbabwe.
Zambia has some cultural assets to show for it: there is Zambian literature that can hardly prevail due to the many different languages and the English official language. Furthermore, Zambia has typical food and drinks, (natural) religions, theater, music, dance, masks, visual arts and its own architecture, which was (partly) shaped by each ethnic group. Describing the culture of a nation requires perceiving it in all its facets.
Cities in Zambia
In addition to the capital Lusaka, which is fast growing and the economic heart of the country, and the tourist center Livingstone, there are few cities worth mentioning in Zambia in which international tourism has settled. A significant part of the larger cities are located in the Copperbelt. These urban settlements are more of an industrial character and belong to the well-developed infrastructure of the heavily industrialized copper belt.
The tourist capital of Zambia is mainly in its 19 national parks as well as a few other beautiful travel destinations with vacation potential, including rivers, lakes, waterfalls, mountains and highlands (in Nyanga National Park).
Details about the country and people in Zambia and Zimbabwe
- The permanent eyeliner is fading or bleeding
- Does it snow in Doha
- What are the side effects of Mentat
- How does Antminer S9
- Is Papua New Guinea Repairable
- How can I repeat the 12th science
- Why are trees struck by lightning
- What is an example? Is it necessary
- What is Rheumatic Heart Disease
- Why Trump doesn't like Ann Coulter anymore
- Psychopaths only feel primitive emotions
- Do you know pneumonia
- How can I access my Facebook account
- What are some songs about depression
- What is the K-space in the MRI
- What is urllist txt in SEO
- What are granite cruise missiles
- What is the inductance of an inductor
- What season of the year is Brazil famous for?
- Should there be a month of white heritage
- Why do women get more attention
- Brock University is a serious school
- Bookkeeping can be creative
- What is the greatest British album