Is married to JK Rowling
Who is Joanne K. Rowling?
She is a writer.
That means: she writes books.
She wrote the Harry Potter books.
Joanne K. Rowling is from Great Britain.
As a child, Joanne K. Rowling read a lot.
Even as a child she wanted to be a writer.
Her mother told her: she can do it.
She believed in her daughter.
At the age of 6 she made up her first story.
The story was about a rabbit.
The rabbit had the measles.
[Measles is a childhood disease.
You get a rash on your skin.
You get red spots on your skin.
You get a fever and become weak.]
Joanne K. Rowling studied.
After that she worked as an English teacher and as a secretary.
[A secretary works in an office.
She writes on the computer.
She's having a phone call.
And she organizes appointments.]
Joanne K. Rowling got the idea for the Harry Potter books while on a train ride.
She knew straight away: She wanted to write 7 books about Harry Potter.
Her books are about witches and wizards.
Harry Potter is a boy.
He doesn't know at first that he is a wizard.
Then he goes to a magic school.
That's where he learns to do magic.
And he fights against evil.
Harry Potter is a book for children and teenagers.
But many adults have read it too.
People all over the world love the Harry Potter books.
They have been translated into many different languages.
The first Harry Potter book was printed in 1997.
The book was an instant hit.
Now Joanne K. Rowling no longer wants to write Harry Potter books.
She thinks: The story is told to the end.
Joanne K. Rowllng also writes crime novels.
[Thrillers are exciting stories.
Often the books are about murder.]
She uses a different name when writing adult books.
Then she uses the artist name Robert Galbraith.
Joanne K. Rowling has won many prizes for her books.
For example, a knight's medal from the Queen.
[The Queen is the Queen of Great Britain.
Her name is Elisabeth the Second.]
Joanne K. Rowling is married.
She has 3 children.
She has 2 daughters and a son.
Joanne K. Rowling appears in an episode of "The Simpsons".
She was drawn for the series.
She speaks her voice on the show herself.
You can see a video of it here:
Joanne K. Rowling is also interested in politics.
For example, she finds:
More people than refugees must be allowed to come to Great Britain.
And refugees should get more support in the UK.
And she thinks: Everyone should have a good life.
Nobody should be excluded.
No matter what skin color someone has.
No matter who the person loves.
And no matter what country the person comes from.
She makes herself strong for that.
- Killed rap the guitar solo
- How would you rate the film Mayhem
- Jesus is used as a metaphor
- Who paid for the Scottish referendum
- Does the western world have a culture
- Why do women's periods synchronize
- Is Eclipse an IDE
- Jesus was an afterthought
- Why are the lymphocyte cells at 49
- How does vehicle weight affect fuel efficiency
- Which are the international airports in Uganda
- Is Viber the best alternative for WhatsApp
- How reliable is the story
- Which preposition is used after the blind
- How can philosophy help improve lifestyle?
- How many Pokemon did Ash catch
- What is Enzyme Activation Energy
- Is someone perfect
- What is an in-app purchase
- Construction careers are underestimated
- What makes Stihl the best weed eater
- How many tragedies did William Shakespeare write
- Is digital photography better
- What did you hear about Xbash Ransomware