I need help whom to choose
The active right to vote is the right to participate in the election by voting.
You are entitled to vote in the Bundestag election and can vote if you are German or German within the meaning of the Basic Law and on election day
- are at least 18 years old,
- have lived in the Federal Republic of Germany for at least three months or are otherwise habitually staying there,
- are not excluded from the right to vote and
- are listed in the electoral register of your home municipality.
In principle, you are always entitled to vote in the municipality in which you are registered with your main residence. There you will automatically be entered in the electoral roll.
Germans who live outside the Federal Republic of Germany on election day are also entitled to vote, provided that they have lived in an apartment in the Federal Republic of Germany for at least three consecutive months after they have reached the age of fourteen or have otherwise stayed habitually and this stay does not exceed 25 Years ago or for other reasons have acquired personal and direct familiarity with the political situation in the Federal Republic of Germany and are affected by them.
You are excluded from the right to vote if you have lost the right to vote as a result of a judge's decision.
Foreign nationals (persons who do not have German citizenship) are not entitled to vote, unless they also have German citizenship and meet the other electoral requirements. Therefore, the nationals (Union citizens) living in the Federal Republic of Germany - unlike in European and local elections - are not entitled to vote in the Bundestag election. This also applies even if their main residence is in the Federal Republic of Germany.
Only persons entitled to vote are entered in the electoral roll. The electoral roll enables the control that only eligible voters vote and that each eligible voter only votes once.
The data for the electoral roll comes from the data of the registration office at a specified time. The decisive date for the federal election is the 42nd day before the election. All citizens who are entitled to vote and who are registered with the registration office on this day are officially, i.e. automatically, entered in the electoral roll. You will receive a voting notification at least three weeks before the election day.
Eligible Germans who live abroad and are not registered with an apartment in the Federal Republic of Germany must submit an application in order to be entered in the electoral roll.
You can view the electoral roll from the 20th to the 16th day before the election on weekdays during the general opening hours of your local authority. The electoral roll is completed no later than the day before the election, but not earlier than three days before the election. Then the number of eligible voters in the electoral district is determined.
Participation in elections when moving
If you moved within the Federal Republic of Germany before the election day, the decisive factor for inclusion in the electoral roll is the municipality in which you were registered on the reference date (42nd day before the election).
If the move takes place within the same municipality, a "transfer" to the electoral roll of the new electoral district is not possible.
If you are moving to another parish and are on the electoral roll of the old parish, but want to vote in the new parish, you have the following options:
- You can apply for entry in the electoral roll in the new municipality. This is only possible no later than the 21st day before the election.
- If your new apartment is in the same constituency as your previous municipality, you can apply for a voting slip from the old municipality and use it to vote in a polling station in your new municipality.
- You can apply for a ballot paper at your old municipality and cast your vote by postal vote.
- Why is balloon angioplasty not common without stents
- What are some good Brazilian middle names
- How is the McDonalds welcome meeting
- How influential is Google really
- How the marriage visa works in us
- What's wrong with Tecno smartphones
- Where do banana seeds come from
- How to Wire a Honeywell Thermostat
- What are some first grade science projects
- What does technical force mean
- Are GrubHub drivers independent contract partners
- Is sex right or wrong every day?
- When will Telegram offer its ICO
- Who is Alexandra Daddario
- What are all the multiples of 36
- Can leprosy kill you
- How is the plural in Odia created
- Why can I forgive someone
- How do you apply to NIOS
- How do you encourage self-learning
- How is the street food in Kolkata
- Why does a system collect lead generation
- What is POS in marketing or sales
- What problems do minority unemployment cause
- Which song mentions other musicians in it
- Anyone in BTS is better than Jin
- Unofficially, Pakistan is a secular country
- How do bacteria produce acids
- Weiss Benjen Stark that R + L J.
- Is a negative number rational
- Why are we not promoting hybrid cars
- Why is Jayalalithaa getting so much praise
- How has anti-Semitism changed in the course of history?