What is this picture font
Image font (German)
Part of speech: noun, (Female)Hyphenation:
- Picture | font, Plural: Pictures | fonts
- IPA: [ˈBɪldɐˌʃʀɪft], Plural: [ˈBɪldɐˌʃʀɪftn̩]
- 1) Linguistics: a font in which the characters are not abstract characters but stylized images
- Determinative compound from nouns picture, the joint element-he and font
- 1) Pictography / pictography, word and picture writing
- 1) font
- 1) “Attempts of this kind were quite common, but the Mexicans did Pictorial font most developed. "
- 1) “In old Chinese Pictorial font a vertically erect stylized penis denoted the term ›ancestor, ancestor‹. "
- 1) About the term Pictorial font: “Since this expression is too comprehensive and therefore misleading, a distinction is now made between Pictorial font in the narrower sense (pictography) and the writing of ideas (ideography) as a higher level of development of the Pictorial font.“
- Nominative: singular the picture writing; Plural the picture fonts
- Genitive: singular the picture writing; Plural of the picture fonts
- Dative: singular the picture writing; Plural the picture fonts
- Accusative: singular the picture writing; Plural the picture fonts
- Swedish: 1) picture script, ideografisk script
Entries from our dictionary containing "picture writing":
picture: ... little picture, picture book, picture story, picture explanation, picture frame, picture puzzles, picture writing, iconoclasm, iconoclast, picture worship, pictorial, sculptor, pictorial, artist ...
font: ... Subordinate terms: 1) Abjad, Abugida, alphabet, alphabet writing, conceptual writing, picture writing, Braille, Braille, letter writing, Devanagari writing, secret writing ...
Characters: ... Terms: 1) Accented characters, symbols, phonetic symbols, punctuation marks, vowel symbols, word symbols 1) Symbols, cipher, expansion symbol, determinative, interpreter / Deutzeichen ...
semiotics: ... Word meaning / definition: 1) Science that deals with all kinds of sign systems (for example: picture writing, gestures, formulas, language, traffic signs) and tries to ...
hieroglyph: Signs of the ancient Egyptian pictorial writing 2) metaphorical for: incomprehensible, illegible writing Origin of the term: Greek "hieroglyphicá (grámmata)" "holy (characters)" Superordinate terms: 1) Writing Examples of use: 1) The walls were covered with hieroglyphs
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Bilderschrift" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (May 24th, 2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Bilderschrift/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "Bilderschrift" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Picture fonts (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Pictures | written Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Imagery (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular picture language; Plural pictorial languages genitive: ...
Pictorial languages (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Pictures | languages Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Iconoclasm (German) Part of speech: noun, (male) Cases: nominative: singular icon storm; Plural icon storms genitive: ...
Iconoclasms (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Secondary Forms: Iconoclasm Hyphenation: Bil | der | stur | me Pronunciation / Stress:…
Iconoclasm (German) Part of speech: Declined form Secondary forms: Bildersturms Hyphenation: Bil | der | stur | mes…
Iconoclasm (German) Part of speech: Declined form Secondary forms: Iconoclasms Hyphenation: Bil | der | storms ...
Iconoclasts (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Bil | der | stür | me Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Iconoclasts (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Bil | der | stür | men Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Image generation (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular image generation; Multiple image generation Genitive: ...
Image generation (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Bild | er | zeu | gun | gen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
- What is a custom application
- Which is a better recursion or loop
- Should I call again
- Where can a circuit be used
- What are good topics for dissertations in aerospace
- What is the platform of the Greens in Great Britain
- What is the HootSuites business model
- Are printed coupons worth using?
- Is Pune bigger than Mumbai
- Who do our text messages belong to?
- Does Windows Phones support the Quora app
- What are learning specialists interested in
- Printer ink can get old
- Why can't you reverse a Bitcoin transaction?
- What does tidal flooding mean?
- Why are there no robotic lawn mowers yet?
- Is online advertising cheap
- What is OSCE care
- What is the original meaning of happy?
- SAT subjects are testing MCQs
- How does motivation affect productivity?
- How flexible is Stripe in negotiating fees
- How can I soften my mustache
- How am I classified on YouTube
- Are these mathematical statements correct?
- What opinions do atheists have on pantheism?
- What spider bites
- What are the hottest startups in Israel
- What is responsible for the personality adjustment
- What is the greatest challenge facing cancer researchers
- What do you follow the religion or the karma
- Has anyone used Colabo for lead generation?
- Why aren't more people depressed?
- What are some unique Etsy stores