Which organisms cannot breathe oxygen?
Breathing: what happens when you breathe?
Inhale and exhale - these basic processes are commonly understood as breathing. The responsible organ: the lungs.
The most important function of the lungs is to ensure gas exchange, i.e. the blood and thus our body with oxygen (O2) and carbon dioxide (CO2) removed from the blood.
When you breathe in, air flows into your body through your mouth or nose. One can thus differentiate between mouth breathing and nasal breathing. Nasal breathing is healthier, because here the air is cleaned, moistened and preheated by the hairs and mucous membranes in the nose.
Gas exchange between the body and the outside world
Through the throat, past the larynx and vocal cords, the air is drawn into the windpipe (trachea) via the bronchi and bronchioles, up to the Alveoli sucked. This is where the real one takes place Gas exchangebetween the body and the outside world:
- Oxygen (O2) is absorbed from the air we breathe into the blood of the pulmonary circulation and transported into the tissue via the blood circulation.
- In the cells, the oxygen is consumed in metabolic processes, carbon dioxide (CO2) as a waste product.
- The carbon dioxide in turn gets back to the lungs via the blood and is exhaled there into the environment.
Gas exchange in the lungs is vital because the body needs oxygen for most of the metabolic processes in the cells. However, not only the lungs are involved in breathing; the auxiliary respiratory muscles are also of decisive importance for the breathing mechanics.
- Who are the most hyped fictional villains
- When was the Amarnath Temple built
- How can artificial intelligence help explain data
- How do you acquire leverage
- How are enzymes synthesized
- Why do malls go back
- What is the dark matter for dummies
- Why is free stuff so popular
- Can I use Mederma for pimples?
- What noise do barbecues make at night?
- Should I call again
- There are bicycles for rent in Leh
- Christmas is a popular holiday in Taiwan
- What is the damage principle in utilitarianism
- Where can I learn French in California
- Who is your favorite silent movie star
- Like, follow me on Facebook
- What is everyday math
- How would a sea-leading city be built
- Offers BITS Pilani environmental technology
- Is the Ukraine crisis over?
- What is it like to be depressed
- What are the painting techniques of neoclassicism
- Lose 10 pounds a lot
- What are compilers and interpreters
- Who is Barnaby Joyce
- How do economies without a minimum wage work
- How do I get to Minerva
- What is USPS Non-Editable Surcharge
- Why Shiites Torture Sunnis
- What is aesthetic maintenance
- What is 2 25 percent of 20
- What are precautions for chickenpox
- What is the most real Hollywood star