Is coaching necessary for BMS
Needs-based minimum income / social assistance
(1) Legal basis
Social assistance new! On June 1, 2019, the Federal Social Welfare Act came into force, which is now to be specified in more detail by the individual state laws. The individual federal states should enact the relevant implementing laws within 7 months (that would be by the end of 2019!). A nationwide implementation in the federal states has not yet taken place.
The current minimum income laws of the individual federal states are still valid until the new implementing laws come into force.
In January 2020, the implementation laws in Lower Austria and Upper Austria came into force.
More about social assistance / minimum income at www.oesterreich.gv.at/themen/soziales/armut/3/2.html
(2) Regulations for the current needs-based minimum income (BMS)
Amount of the BMS: Payment 12 times a year. The guideline rates of the respective federal states can be found on the homepages of the individual state governments.
What is covered: livelihood; housing requirements; health insurance: Beneficiaries without health insurance cover are registered for statutory health insurance
Who can refer to BMS: Basically people who
- are entitled to permanent residence in Austria,
- who are willing to use their own workforce and
- whose respective needs cannot be covered by their own resources.
Crediting of income and assets: Before claiming the minimum income, your own income and assets must be used with a few exceptions. Exceptions to the crediting e.g.
- Asset allowance, the amount of which is determined by the respective country
- Real estate to cover your own housing needs, whereby after a 6-month grace period a security is made by entry in the land register
- Motor vehicle that is required for professional reasons or due to special circumstances (in particular due to a disability or insufficient infrastructure).
- Items for gainful employment, household effects
- Care allowance or similar benefits
Use of manpower / willingness to work of persons capable of work: Persons capable of work who apply for a BMS must try to find a job. The decisive criteria for the use of labor are basically the same as in the Unemployment Insurance Act. That means: every reasonable job has to be accepted. Every unemployed, able-bodied BMS recipient must register with the AMS as looking for work and accept a reasonable job. If there is no willingness to use the manpower in a reasonable manner, the BMS will be reduced.
EXCEPTIONS! For example, the use of labor may not be required of:
- People with disabilities who are unable to work
- People who mainly look after relatives in need of care with at least care level 3
- People who have reached the standard retirement age
Applications can be submitted to the district administration or the magistrate (MA 40 in Vienna).
- at www.sozialministerium.at Social / Consumers - Social assistance / minimum income or
- directly to the authorities responsible for submitting the application (e.g. district administration, magistrates)
(3) Disability surcharge of the Vienna minimum income:
People with disabilities who receive benefits from the Vienna minimum income scheme have from 1.5.2020 Entitlement to a disability allowance. In 2020, the handicap surcharge is € 165.12 per month.
- Disabled pass (GdB of at least 50%)
- Applicant meets the requirements for the Vienna minimum income and receives benefits to cover livelihoods
More information about the handicapped surcharge for Wr. Minimum income (including when submitting an application) at www.wien.gv.at/gesundheit/leistungen/mindestsicherung/behindertenzuschlag.html
Obtaining further information on this from the Viennese social centers; Contacts available at https://www.wien.gv.at/kontakte/ma40/index.html
Status: November 9, 2020
- What is Trumpcare
- Will someone hire me?
- Which big pharmacy has the cheapest prescriptions?
- Is it possible to simplify my payroll?
- Hypestat is safe to use
- Why are the stars running out of nuclear fuel?
- How does Antifa differ from the weathermen?
- Is India really developed economically
- Would support Windows 10 CS6
- What causes abdominal pain in women
- What is a real sentient AI 1
- Who are Virushka
- What is your wildest storm experience
- What is a good callisthenics workout routine
- Why is Putin against Hillary Clinton
- How does it feel to be bored?
- What is cstdlib in C.
- What is an in-app purchase
- 7-year-olds can read
- What are Jeff Bridge's best movie roles
- Why are there no yellow passports?
- How can you relieve lumbago back pain
- How do I implement ISO 14000
- Can PayPal automatically debit my bank account